Support the Good work on this Blog
BASIC SCRIPTURE Daily Manna 7 September 2023
Support the Good work on this Blog
BASIC SCRIPTURE: 1 SAMUEL 28:7-19
1 Samuel 28:7-19 (NIV)
7 Then Saul said to his attendants, “Find me a woman who is a medium, so I may go and inquire of her.”
“There is one in Endor,” they said.
8 So Saul disguised himself, putting on other clothes, and at night he and two men went to the woman. “Consult a spirit for me,” he said, “and bring up for me the one I name.”
9 But the woman said to him, “Surely you know what Saul has done. He has cut off the mediums and spiritists from the land. Why have you set a trap for my life to bring about my death?”
10 Saul swore to her by the Lord, “As surely as the Lord lives, you will not be punished for this.”
11 Then the woman asked, “Whom shall I bring up for you?”
“Bring up Samuel,” he said.
12 When the woman saw Samuel, she cried out at the top of her voice and said to Saul, “Why have you deceived me? You are Saul!”
13 The king said to her, “Don’t be afraid. What do you see?”
The woman said, “I see a ghostly figure coming up out of the earth.”
14 “What does he look like?” he asked.
“An old man wearing a robe is coming up,” she said. Then Saul knew it was Samuel, and he bowed down and prostrated himself with his face to the ground.
15 Samuel said to Saul, “Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?”
“I am in great distress,” Saul said. “The Philistines are fighting against me, and God has departed from me. He no longer answers me, either by prophets or by dreams. So I have called on you to tell me what to do.”
16 Samuel said, “Why do you consult me, now that the Lord has departed from you and become your enemy? 17 The Lord has done what he predicted through me. The Lord has torn the kingdom out of your hands and given it to one of your neighbors—to David. 18 Because you did not obey the Lord or carry out his fierce wrath against the Amalekites, the Lord has done this to you today. 19 The Lord will deliver both Israel and you into the hands of the Philistines, and tomorrow you and your sons will be with me. The Lord will also give the army of Israel into the hands of the Philistines.”
Subscribe to Blog via Email
This passage recounts an event where Saul, the first king of Israel, seeks guidance from a medium in his desperation. He disguises himself and consults a medium in Endor to summon the spirit of the deceased prophet Samuel. Samuel’s message reveals that Saul’s kingdom will be taken away, and he and his sons will die in battle, as a consequence of Saul’s disobedience to God’s commands.
The passage highlights the consequences of seeking guidance through forbidden practices like consulting mediums and spiritists. It also underscores the importance of obedience to God’s commands and the severity of consequences that can result from disobedience.
- Gratitude and Reflection:
- Thank God for the blessings, opportunities, and challenges He has provided in the past months.
- Reflect on the growth and lessons learned during this year so far.
- Guidance and Direction:
- Seek God’s guidance and wisdom for decisions and choices you need to make in the upcoming month.
- Pray for clarity in your goals, both spiritually and in various areas of your life.
- Strength and Endurance:
- Ask for strength to overcome any obstacles or challenges that may arise in the month ahead.
- Pray for endurance and perseverance to stay steadfast in your faith and commitments.
- Health and Well-being:
- Pray for good health and well-being for yourself, your loved ones, and others around you.
- Ask for God’s protection against illnesses and accidents.
- Lift up your family, friends, and relationships before God, praying for unity, understanding, and love to abound.
- Pray for any broken relationships to be healed and restored.
- Opportunities to Serve:
- Seek opportunities to be a blessing to others through acts of kindness, service, and sharing the gospel.
- Ask for God’s guidance on how you can make a positive impact on your community.
- Financial Provision:
- Pray for God’s provision in your financial needs and for wisdom in managing your resources.
- Trust God to meet your needs according to His promises.
- Spiritual Growth:
- Ask for a deeper relationship with God and a hunger for His Word.
- Pray for spiritual growth, maturity, and a closer walk with Christ.
- Hope and Joy:
- Pray for God’s joy to fill your heart regardless of circumstances.
- Ask for a renewed sense of hope and optimism as you face the future.
- Global Needs:
- Pray for peace and healing in the world, especially in areas affected by conflict, natural disasters, and other crises.
- Lift up the needs of the global community, asking for God’s mercy and intervention.
- Personal Transformation:
- Seek God’s transformative work in your life, asking Him to mold you into the person He created you to be.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit’s guidance in areas where you need to grow and change.
- Salvation and Revival:
- Pray for the salvation of souls and for revival in your community and beyond.
- Ask God to use you as a vessel to share the gospel and bring others to Him.