Support the Good work on this Blog
BASIC SCRIPTURE ODM Daily Devotional 3 August 2023
BASIC SCRIPTURE: MATTHEW 14: 22- 33
22 And straightway Jesus constrained his disciples to get into a ship, and to go before him unto the other side, while he sent the multitudes away.
23 And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.
24 But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary.
25 And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.
33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.
- odm daily devotional 3 august
- daily devotional 3 august 2023
- odm daily devotional 3
- daily devotional 3 august
- devotional 3 august 2023
About August 3rd:
August 3rd is a date that holds significance due to various events, achievements, and notable moments throughout history. Here are some key occurrences associated with August 3rd:
- In 1492, Christopher Columbus set sail from Palos de la Frontera, Spain, with three ships—Santa Maria, Pinta, and Niña—beginning his historic voyage to discover a western route to Asia. This expedition ultimately led to the encounter between the Old World and the New World.
- In 1914, World War I officially began when Germany declared war on Belgium. This declaration marked the escalation of the conflict that engulfed many nations across the globe.
- In 1958, the USS Nautilus, the world’s first nuclear-powered submarine, completed its historic undersea journey, successfully crossing under the Arctic ice cap at the North Pole.
- In 1981, the air traffic controllers’ strike took place in the United States, with President Ronald Reagan firing over 11,000 striking controllers who had ignored his order to return to work.
- In 2005, the first-ever Joint Session of the U.S. Congress was addressed by an Israeli Prime Minister, as Ariel Sharon delivered a speech in Washington D.C.
August 3rd serves as a reminder of both significant achievements and moments of conflict in history. It presents an opportunity to reflect on the impact of human actions and the importance of pursuing peace and understanding in our interactions with others.
Prayer forAugust 3 2023
As we step into the month of August, we acknowledge your sovereignty over time and seasons. Today, we bring before you all our hopes, fears, and aspirations for the days ahead.
Lord, on this day of August 3rd, we thank you for the lessons of history and the knowledge gained from the past. As we remember historical events that have shaped the world, we pray for the wisdom to learn from both the triumphs and tragedies, guiding us to create a better future.
As we navigate through life’s challenges, uncertainties, and conflicts, grant us the strength to stand firm in our faith. Help us to be agents of peace, reconciliation, and understanding in a world that often seems divided.
We pray for those who are suffering physically, emotionally, or spiritually. Bring your healing touch to their lives, and surround them with your comfort and love. May they find solace in the support and care of others.
Lord, we commit this day, and the entire month of August, into your hands. May we seek your guidance in every decision we make, knowing that you hold our future in your loving embrace.
Help us to live each day with gratitude, cherishing the precious gift of life and seeking opportunities to extend kindness and love to those around us.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
In times of joy, may we remember to rejoice in your goodness, and in times of sorrow, may we find hope in your promises.
May our lives be a reflection of your grace, mercy, and compassion, shining as beacons of light in a world that needs your love.
In the name of Jesus, we pray.