Open Heaven 18 January 2020 Saturday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Be Merciful
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional
RCCG Sunday School TEACHER’s Manual 19 January 2020 – Longevity
Lesson 21 RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual 19 January 2020
Topic: Be Merciful (Open Heaven 18 January 2020)
Memorise: “Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.” – Matthew 5:7
Read: Matthew 18:23-35 (KJV)
23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.
Bible in One Year: Genesis 19-21
Open Heaven 18 January 2020 Saturday MESSAGE:
According to our Bible reading for today, it is unwise for anyone not to have mercy on those who offend them. The mercy you enjoy from God is enormous (Lamentations 3:22-23), how can you then not show mercy, even if just a little, to those who offend you? Jesus expects you to forgive any and every offence that is committed against you. He clearly demonstrated this in His conversation with Peter in Matthew 18:21-22:
“21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? 22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.”
It is foolish for you not to have mercy on those who offend you because you are only withholding mercy from yourself. In Matthew 6:14-15, Jesus taught His disciples thus:
“14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”
Another side to demonstrating mercy, is to show compassion on others. Many people pray endlessly that God should solve their problems, whereas there are people around them whose problems they can solve, but they refuse to help them. God is saying in our memory verse that it is those who show mercy to others that He will be merciful to. Furthermore, Proverbs 21:13 says:
“Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry himself, but shall not be heard.”
So you see now why it appears God does not answer some people’s prayers.
Open Heaven 18 January 2020 Saturday Key Point:
Show mercy if you want to enjoy same.
Hymn 18: My Faith Looks Up To Thee
1 My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!
2 May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
3 While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.
4 When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Savior, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
RCCG FIFTY (5O) DAYS FASTING & PRAYER GUIDE FOR: SATURDAY 18TH OF JANUARY, 2020
DAY 8: FEAR OF GOD IN THE CHURCH, TEXT: Psa 34:9
- Bless the Lord O my soul and all that is within me. Bless His Holy name. Psa 103:1
- Thank God for a new day and for the salvation of your soul
- Father, let the spirit of the fear of God come upon your Church worldwide in Jesus name. Job 28:28
- Father, acquaints your Church with the knowledge of your judgments in Jesus name. Psa. 19:9
- Father, lead your Church in the path of righteousness in the name of Jesus. Psa 19:9
- Father, plant your word in the heart of all our brethren in RCCG worldwide in Jesus name. Psa 19:8
- Father, give us the grace to embrace wisdom & divine instruction in the name of Jesus. Prov.1:7
- Father, grant unto your Church wisdom and understanding of your word in Jesus name. Prov.8:1
- Father, grant your Church strong confidence in Jesus name. Prov. 14:26-27
- Father, help your Church to walk in your ways in Jesus name. Deut.10:12
- Father, the grace for your Church to serve you in spirit and truth let it be released in Jesus name. Deut.10:12
- Father, grant us victories over all the enemies of progress in your Church in Jesus name. Josh.4:24
- Father, forgive your Church in any way we have sin against you in Jesus name. Psa 130:4
- Father, redeemed our soul from all our iniquities and clean our heart in Jesus name. Psa 130:8
- Father, create a new heart in us and renew your right Spirit within us, Psa 51:10
Pingback: OPEN HEAVEN 19 JANUARY 2020 SUNDAY: A PURE HEART - Open Heavens 2020