OPEN HEAVEN 21 AUGUST 2020 FRIDAY: TRUE TO YOUR CALLING?
OPEN HEAVEN 21 AUGUST 2020 MEMORIZE: But all these worketh that one and the self same Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. 1 Corinthians 12:11
OPEN HEAVEN 21 AUGUST 2020 BIBLE READING 1 CORINTHIANS 12:12-30
12. For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body; so also is Christ.
13. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14. For the body is not one member, but many.
15. If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
16. And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
17. If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
18. But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
19. And if they were all one member, where were the body?
20. But now are they many members, yet but one body.
21. And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee; nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
22. Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary;
23. And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
24. For our comely parts have no need; but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.
25. That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
26. And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
27. Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
28. And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
29. Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
30. Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
GOOD MORNING BELOVED,
If you are visiting this platform for the first time, please save this website RCCGONLINE.ORG on your device to ease your next visit. Hymnal, Bible Reading & Other helpful clickable links below. God bless you!
READ >> PRAYER POINTS ON TODAY’S OPEN HEAVEN 21 AUGUST 2020
READ >> DAILY DECLARATIONS FOR TODAY 21 AUGUST 2020
OPEN HEAVEN 21 AUGUST 2020 MESSAGE
There are many people in ministry today who are going off track because they are operating in areas wherein they were not called.
Some, out of personal ambition, are operating in callings that are not theirs while others are innocently operating in the wrong callings out of concern.
Having a burden about something or seeing a need does not automatically translate to a calling.
“And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.” – (2 Timothy 2:5)
According to the above Bible verse, anyone who does things outside the will of the Master will be disqualified.
Everyone who God has called is scored by Him.
If what you are doing is outside God’s calling for your life, no matter how good you are in that calling or ministry, it is regarded as irrelevant.
Paul was greatly burdened by how the Jews were walking outside the will of God.
He kept preaching to them, yet they kept persecuting him.
The greatest persecutions he got were from Jews because God was trying to point him in the direction of his main calling – the Gentiles first, then to kings and then to the children of Israel (Acts 9:15).
Had he not been so persecuted by the Jews, he would not have been able to take the gospel to as many gentiles as he did.
Thank God that in Acts 18:5-6, he finally decided to leave the Jews and go to the gentiles to whom he was primarily sent.
God calls people for a reason and if everyone were to leave their calling to attend to someone else’s, there would be trouble.
Imagine someone who is called to cause a great evangelical revival being so burdened about leadership in the nation that he distracts himself by contesting elections.
Imagine what would happen if the one who is to find the cure to incurable diseases were to become so burdened about the economy that he gets a job in the Ministry of Finance.
You need to identify your calling through the guidance of the Holy Spirit and stay in it so as to fulfil your destiny and more importantly, for the world to be a better place.
OPEN HEAVEN 21 AUGUST 2020 KEY POINT: PRAYER POINTS ON TODAY’S OPEN HEAVEN 21 AUGUST 2020
Are you true to the calling of God upon your life?
FROM THE TEAM: Thank you for reading today’s Open Heaven 21 August 2020 Friday written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please, share with someone on Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram and other social media platforms using the social buttons at the beginning or scroll to the end of this post. Have a good day! #RemainRapturable
OPEN HEAVEN 21 AUGUST 2020 HYMN
DEEPER, DEEPER IN THE LOVE OF JESUS
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.
O deeper yet I pray,
And higher evry day,
And wiser, blessed, Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.
2. Deeper, deeper! blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
3. Deeper, deeper! tho it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
4. Deeper, higher, evry day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conquror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
OPEN HEAVEN 21 AUGUST 2020 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: JEREMIAH 46:1-28, JEREMIAH 47:1-7, JEREMIAH 48:1-47
1 The word of the Lord which came to Jeremiah the prophet against the Gentiles;
2 Against Egypt, against the army of Pharaohnecho king of Egypt, which was by the river Euphrates in Carchemish, which Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon smote in the fourth year of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah.
3 Order ye the buckler and shield, and draw near to battle.
4 Harness the horses; and get up, ye horsemen, and stand forth with your helmets; furbish the spears, and put on the brigandines.
5 Wherefore have I seen them dismayed and turned away back? and their mighty ones are beaten down, and are fled apace, and look not back: for fear was round about, saith the Lord.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
6 Let not the swift flee away, nor the mighty man escape; they shall stumble, and fall toward the north by the river Euphrates.
7 Who is this that cometh up as a flood, whose waters are moved as the rivers?
8 Egypt riseth up like a flood, and his waters are moved like the rivers; and he saith, I will go up, and will cover the earth; I will destroy the city and the inhabitants thereof.
9 Come up, ye horses; and rage, ye chariots; and let the mighty men come forth; the Ethiopians and the Libyans, that handle the shield; and the Lydians, that handle and bend the bow.
10 For this is the day of the Lord God of hosts, a day of vengeance, that he may avenge him of his adversaries: and the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiate and made drunk with their blood: for the Lord God of hosts hath a sacrifice in the north country by the river Euphrates.
11 Go up into Gilead, and take balm, O virgin, the daughter of Egypt: in vain shalt thou use many medicines; for thou shalt not be cured.
12 The nations have heard of thy shame, and thy cry hath filled the land: for the mighty man hath stumbled against the mighty, and they are fallen both together.
13 The word that the Lord spake to Jeremiah the prophet, how Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon should come and smite the land of Egypt.