TOPIC: BE FAITHFUL TO YOUR CALLING
2 Chronicles 20:22-27
22. And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.
23. For the children of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of mount Seir, utterly to slay and destroy them: and when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, every one helped to destroy another.
24. And when Judah came toward the watch tower in the wilderness, they looked unto the multitude, and, behold, they were dead bodies fallen to the earth, and none escaped.
25. And when Jehoshaphat and his people came to take away the spoil of them, they found among them in abundance both riches with the dead bodies, and precious jewels, which they stripped off for themselves, more than they could carry away: and they were three days in gathering of the spoil, it was so much.
26. And on the fourth day they assembled themselves in the valley of Berachah; for there they blessed the LORD: therefore the name of the same place was called, The valley of Berachah, unto this day.
27. Then they returned, every man of Judah and Jerusalem, and Jehoshaphat in the forefront of them, to go again to Jerusalem with joy; for the LORD had made them to rejoice over their enemies.
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
2 Timothy 1:9
The Almighty God, our heavenly Father, made each and every one of us for a purpose. It does not matter the circumstances of your birth, God brought you into this world and called you to fulfil a specific purpose. Not everyone is called to be a Pastor, but everyone is called to fulfil a purpose. Ephesians 2:10 says:Almighty God, our heavenly Father, made each
Tand every one of us for a purpose. It does not matter the circumstances of your birth, God
brought you into this world and called you to fulfil a specific purpose. Not everyone is called to be a Pastor, but everyone is called to fulfil a purpose. Ephesians 2:10 says:
“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.”
If you have found that good work for which God formed you, focus on it. What God wants for each of His children is for us to find our place and stay there. The one who was called to be in politics should not decide to become a Pastor and the one called to academics should not decide to go into farming. Everyone has his own assignment in this world and God will reward you, not based on how much work you have done, but if you fulfilled the purpose for which He formed you.If you have not discovered that good work for which He formed you yet, you need to really pray for Him to reveal it to you. You need to be very clear about it and not make assumptions. For example, you may have the talent to sing, but your purpose may not be to become a
musician. The talent could only be a tool to fulfilling your purpose. Joseph was a dreamer and an interpreter of dreams. Had he made assumptions, he would have thought his calling was to interpret peoples dreams. He spoke on his purpose in Genesis 45:7 thus: And God
sent me before you to preserve you a posterity in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance.The interpretation of dreams and even talent in administration were just tools to fulfilling His God-given purpose. Thank God he recognized that purpose, he might have missed it by trying to retaliate against his brothers.If God gives you a natural talent to handle scissors excellently, dont conclude that you are called to be a fashion designer; barbers also use scissors. Pray and get a clear direction as to what God has called you to do on earth, and be faithful to that calling.
Discover your purpose in life by asking God, then focus on fulfilling it.
Bible in One Year
1 Peter 3:1-22 , 2 Peter 1:1-21 , 2 Peter 2:1-22
WHEN WE WALK WITH THE LORD
WHEN WE WALK WITH THE LORD
1. When we walk with the Lord,
In the light of His word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey!
For there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.
2. Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt nor a fear,
Not a sigh nor a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief nor a loss,
Not a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.
4. But we never can prove
The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay,
For the favour He shows
And the joy He bestows
Are for them who will trust and obey.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
5. Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way,
What He says we will do,
Where He sends we will go,
Never fear, only trust and obey.