RCCG 50 DAYS PRAYERS AND FASTING GUIDE
DAY 6: MONDAY 16TH JANUARY 2023
The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) conducts a 50-day prayer and fasting program every year. This period typically begins in January and ends in February or March. The goal of the program is to seek God’s guidance and blessings for the new year through intense prayer and fasting. The theme and specific prayers for each day are usually provided by the RCCG and participants are encouraged to follow along and pray accordingly.
BIBLE TEXT(S): Habakkuk 3:2
For there to be Revival in the Church of God, the Church must become very Prayerful. It is only Prayer that can bring about the expected Revival that will make the Church Stand Out in Jesus’ Name.
1. Father send down the Fire of Revival in Your Church again, like the days of Old, in Jesus’ Name – Habakkuk 3:2
2. Father, awake Your Church from deep Slumber in Jesus’ Name – Isaiah 56:10
3. Father let there be Fresh Holy Ghost Fire, Fresh Anointing, Fresh Unction upon Your Church, in Jesus’ Name – Acts 2:1-4
4. Father give New Strength, New Life, New Energy to Your Church at this end time, in Jesus’ Name – Acts 4:29
5. Holy Spirit, send down Your Holy Ghost Fire to our Revival Programs, in Jesus’ Name – Acts 4:30
6. Father let there be live Miracles that will make People believe You and You alone, in Jesus’ Name – John 4:48, 5:1-9
7. Father, release Your Anointing of Healing into Your Church, let the blind see, let the Lame work, let the dumb speak, let the deaf hear and the dead rise in Jesus’ Name – Acts 19:11
8. Father, let our Mind be Genuinely renewed for Your Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ Name – Romans 12:2
9. Father You are the Potter of our lives, remold us to Your desire and Your Will in Jesus’ Name – Jeremiah 18:3-4
10. Every Power working to make us what You have not created us to be, Holy Ghost deal with it in Jesus’ Name – Isaiah 54:16-17
11. Every Inherited Strange behaviour and habits in our lives working against our Personal Revival be destroyed in Jesus’ Name – Jeremiah 31:29
12. Father, every Virtues, Blessings, I had lost before I gave my Life to You be restored in Jesus’ Name – Joel 2:25
13. Father, whatever the enemy has stolen from me become too hot for my enemies to keep in their Camp and be returned to me in Jesus’ Name – 1 Samuel 5:2-5
14. Father, restore to me every Divine Virtue, I and every Member of my family have lost for the Past years, in Jesus’ Name – Joel 2:25
15. Powers in (put your Country) working against the Revival of the Church be destroyed in Jesus’ Name – Daniel 10:13
The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) 50 Days Prayer and Fasting is a period of spiritual devotion and fasting that is observed by members of the RCCG. It typically begins on the first Monday of January and ends on the last Monday of February, lasting for 50 days. During this time, members of the RCCG participate in daily prayer and fasting, as well as other spiritual activities such as Bible study and fellowship with other believers. The purpose of the 50 Days Prayer and Fasting is to draw closer to God, seek His guidance, and deepen one’s spiritual walk with Him.
What the bible says about fasting
The Bible teaches that fasting is a spiritual discipline in which a person abstains from food or certain types of food for a period of time in order to focus on prayer and seeking God’s will.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
In the Old Testament, fasting was often used as a sign of repentance, mourning, and humility before God. For example, in Joel 2:12, the people are told to “turn to the Lord your God with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning.”
In the New Testament, Jesus taught about fasting and said that when one fasts, they should do so in secret and not for show (Matthew 6:16-18). He also taught that fasting should be done in conjunction with prayer and repentance (Matthew 9:14-15).
In the early church, fasting was often done in preparation for baptism, ordination, and other important events (Acts 13:2-3, 14:23).
Overall, the Bible teaches that fasting is an important spiritual discipline that should be done with humility, repentance, and in conjunction with prayer and seeking God’s will.