Subscribe to Blog via Email
RCCG HOUSE FELLOWSHIP LEADER’S MANUAL 23/02/2020 LESSON 26
RCCG HOUSE FELLOWSHIP
DATE: FEBRUARY 23TH, 2020
LESSON: TWENTY – SIX (26)
TOPIC: END OF SECOND QUARTER / INTERACTIVE SESSION
SUMMARY OF LESSONS TAUGHT IN 2ND QUARTER (LESSON 14 – 25)
LESSON : FOURTEEN (14)
TOPIC: HOW BEAUTIFUL WHEN BRETHREN DWELL IN UNITY
PRAYER POINT: Father, help is as brethren to dwell in unity as you desire.
MEMORY VERSE: “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!” . Psalm 133:1
SCRIPTURAL EXAMPLES OF UNITY:
1. Abraham and Lot in Genesis 12:5 and Genesis 13:1-8
2. Ruth and Naomi in Ruth 1:16-17
3. Jonathan and David in 1 Samuel 18:1-4; 19:1-7 and 20:4; 20:35-42
4. The Rechabites in Jeremiah 35:2-5
5. The early church in Acts 2
SCRIPTURAL EXAMPLES OF DISUNITY:
1. Joseph and his brothers in Genesis 37:1-end; 42:21-22
2. The Schechemites in Judges 9:1-6; 22-52
3. Esau and Jacob in Genesis 25 and in Genesis 28
4. The Corinthians in 1 Corinthians 6:1-8
5. Jehu and others in 2 Kings 9
SUMMARY: The in unity cannot be over-emphasized as God works and moves mightily among His united Children.
Nehemiah was able to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem through the power of unity that existed among those who worked with him (Nehemiah 2:18). It is unity that turns a crowd or group of people into a team. The acronym TEAM stands for: Together Everyone Achieves More.
LESSON: FIFTEEN (15)
TOPIC: EVERY YOUTH SHOULD BE A COMBATANT SOLDIER OF THE CROSS
BIBLE PASSAGE: 1 Samuel 17:31-51
MEMORY VERSE: “And when Saul saw David go forth against the Philistine, he said unto Abner, the captain of the host, Abner, WHOSE SON IS THIS YOUTH? And Abner said, As thy soul liveth, O king, I cannot tell.” 1 Samuel 17:55
WHY SHOULD YOUTH BE COMBATANT SOLDIERS OF THE CROSS?
1. Nobody knows when his/her time will be up, that death will come knocking, so it is better to start early in life, so that whenever the time is up, heaven will be one´s surest destination.
2. It is good to be trained, to imbibe good virtues and to be able to demonstrate what one has learned right from the youthful age.
3. The element of surprise is often associated with many activities of the youth.
4. The youthful exuberance always makes them to be determined to make a change; in this case: a positive change.
5. Energy or strength which is needed in addition to the wisdom of God to be able to excel as a soldier of the cross, can be found abundantly in the youth. – Proverbs 20:29; Psalm 8:2
6. Apart from being a good ground for God to demonstrate His greatness, it also provides opportunity to use them for a longer period.
7. The ability to combine modern technology with the ancient knowledge gained and by listening to the voice of God or through reading His words makes them more advantageously placed than adults.
8. They consequently have a wider audience to reach out than the older ones.
9. The popular adage says: “An idle mind is the devils workshop”. When we engage our youth in things of God, obviously the kingdom of the devil will be depopulated.
10. Engaging them from a youthful age in things of God also will not allow them to occupy their minds with devilish acts, such as joining cults, internet frauds, pornographic sides, addiction and other vices.
SUMMARY: God’s army is the strongest and the best you can find, join now at the possible peak of your effectiveness.
Every family should make it a matter of utmost priority to ensure that their young ones are enlisted into God’s Army.
LESSON: SIXTEEN (16)
TOPIC: BENEFITS OF FASTING AND PRAYER
BIBLE PASSAGE: Jonah 3:1-10
MEMORY VERSE: “Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.” Matthew 17:21
Fasting is found throughout the Old and New Testament of the Bible.
1. Moses fasted to receive the Ten Commandments.– Exodus 24:18
2. The people of Nineveh fasted and repented of their sins and they obtained mercy from God.– Jonah 3:2-10
3. Queen Esther fasted with her people and God gave them victory over their enemies.– Esther 4:16
4. Jesus Christ; He fasted for forty days and forty nights.– Matthew 4:2
5. The early church combined fasting with their prayers.– Acts 13:1-4
THINGS THAT DO NOT CONSTITUTE A FAST ARE IN THE BOOK OF ISAIAH 58:3-5;
EXAMPLES OF WRONG ATTITUDES AND ACTIONS THAT DO NOT MAKE A FAST:
– Having pleasures. – verse 3
– Afflicting the soul to attract. – verse 5
– Complaining. – verse 3
– Contention, strife and debate, – verse 4
– Jeremiah 14:10-12: fasting in sin
– Matthew 6:16: making a show of the fast
THINGS THAT MAKE UP A GOOD FAST:
– To practically help others
– To honour God
– To intercede: – Matthew 6:17-18
– For service: – Acts 13:2
– Not making a show of the fast.
BENEFITS OF FASTING:
– Fasting helps to make important decisions. – Acts 13:1-3
– We fast for safety. – Ezra 8:21-23
– Fasting is a form of worship. – Luke 2:37
– It gives strength in weakness. – 1 Corinthians 6:5
– A repentant frame of mind. – 1 Samuel 7:6-7; 1 Samuel 7:13; Jonah 3:5-10
– We fast for deliverance. – Esther 4:16; Esther 7:9-10
– We fast to overcome addictions
– Fasting strengthens intimacy with God. – Exodus 24:18
– Fasting and prayer builds our faith. – Matthew 17:21
SUMMARY: Pray without ceasing.
CONCLUSION: Fasting act like a tonic or booster for accelerated answers to believer’s prayers. Jesus in Matthew 17:21 taught us to aad fasting to our prayers if want certain mountains to move.
LESSON: SEVENTEEN (17)
BIBLE PASSAGE: 1 John 2:14-17
MEMORY VERSE: “And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.” John 17:19
A, B, C, OF SANCTIFICATION:
1. It is part of the work of complete salvation. – 2 Thessalonians 2:13
2. It is a must and not optional. It is the will of God. – John 17:17; Hebrew 13:12; Ephesians 5:25-26
HOW TO BE SANCTIFIED:
1. By the word of God and not by HUMAN ORATION – John 17:17. It helps to know your sin.
2. By the blood of Jesus. – Hebrew 13:12 This cleanses from all sins.
3. Step of replacement of heart. – Ezekiel 36:26
4. Cooperation with God through the help of the Spirit. – 2 Corinthians 7:1
BENEFITS OF SANCTIFICATION TO THE BELIEVER:
1. You will find it easy to live a holy life and to become a vessel unto honour.
2. You will begin to bear fruit, to live a life of perfection and dominion. John 15:2, Hebrew 10:14 as your heavenly inheritance is guaranteed. – Acts 26:18
SUMMARY: Sanctification is a must for every believer as there must be a difference between you and the world.
CONCLUSION: God’s will for us is to be sanctified. 1 Thess.4:3.
Christian sanctification means to be set apart for God special use.
Anyone that is separated unto God lives holy and become a vessel unto honour. Heb.1:9; 2 Tim.2:21.
LESSON: EIGHTEEN (18)
TOPIC: GOD IS ABLE!
BIBLE PASSAGE : Ephesians 3:20-21
MEMORY VERSE: “Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.” Ephesians 3:20
1. God is able to create something out of nothing.
2. God is able from these stones to raise up children. Matthew 3:9
3. God is able to make all grace abound to you.
4. God is able to make all grace abound to you … having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8
5. God is able to deliver. Daniel 3:17
6. God is able to give you strength to rise above trials. 1 Corinthians 10:13
7. God is able to save. Hebrews 7:25; 11:6
8. God is able to build you up in grace. Acts 20:32
9. God is able to do exceedingly above all you can ask or imagine. 2 Chronicles 25:9
10. God is able to keep you from falling: Jude 1:24
11. God is able to guard the excellent word in you. 2 Timothy 1:12-14
12. God is able to fulfil His promises. Romans 4:21
13. God is able to comfort those who are afflicted. 2 Corinthians 1:4
14. God is able to help us through His word. Acts 20:32; Matthew 7:24-27
15. God is able to do what He promises. Romans 4:20-21; 2 Corinthians 1:20; Genesis 3:15
16. God is able to help us when we are tempted. Hebrews 2:18; 1 Corinthians 10:13
17. God is able to make us stand. Romans 14:4
18. God is able to make all grace abound. – 2 Corinthians 9:8; John 15:5
19. God is able to destroy both, soul and body, in hell. In Matthew 9:28 we read that Christ is able to save, but in Matthew 10:28 we find a warning that He is also able to do something else. Jesus Christ is not only an able Saviour, but He is also an able judge.
20. God is able to answer prayers. Ephesians 3:20-21
SUMMARY: There is no impossible situation with God. God is Able.
I am completely persuaded that God is able.
We need to make up our minds. We can rely on God, who is able, or rely on men, who are limited in everything.
LESSON: NINETEEN (19)
TOPIC: ARISE IN PRAYER TO UNSEAT YOUR ENEMIES` SIEGE.
BIBLE PASSAGE: 2 Chronicles 32:1-22
MEMORY VERSE: “For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side.” Luke 19:43
i. It does not matter the number that has gathered against you.
ii. God is able to save those who trust in Him
iii. The arm of flesh will fail you.
iv. Call on God in the day of trouble.
v. God is a man of war.
PRAYER IS THE SOLUTION TO YOUR ENEMIES` SIEGE
1. King Hezekiah of Judah and prophet Isaiah offered a corporate prayer, also called a prayer of agreement, against the siege of Sennacherib, the king of Assyria, and God intervened and defeated their strong enemy. 2 Chronicles 32:20-22
2. Daniel prayed and the satanic gang-up of his enemies was neutralized by God and He made all of them meat for the lions. Daniel 6:3-22
3. Esther and her people prayed and the perfect plan of Haman backfired on him. He died a shameful death. Esther 3:1-6; 4:16; 7:9-10
PRAYERLESSNESS HELPS YOUR ENEMIES TO PREVAIL
-Without God we can do nothing, John 15:5.
By strength shall no man prevail,1 Samuel 2:9. We need to serve God so that we can enjoy all His promises and be able to call on Him for intervention whenever storm arises. Psalm 50:15; 86:7
1. (2 Kings 25:1-7). King Zedekiah of Judah did not serve God unlike King Josiah and Hezekiah and when the king of Babylon laid siege against Jerusalem for a considerable long time, there was much famine. He did not repent and cry to God, rather he tried to escape by his own wisdom. He was caught and taken to Babylon where all his sons were slaughtered before him and they also plucked out his eyes.
When a man fails to pray, his enemies will reign supreme in his life. As a matter of fact, the devil will take charge of his destiny. John 10:10.
SUMMARY: Trust God who is able to save.
A closed mouth is a closed destiny and a prayerless man is a defeated man. Call on God and He will deliver you from the enemies´ siege. Prayer lifts up the hand of God, but prayerlessness encourages the devil to continue with his destruction.
LESSON: TWENTY (20)
TOPIC: STUDY TO SHOW YOURSELF
APPROVED UNTO GOD
BIBLE PASSAGE : 2 Timothy 2:14-19
MEMORY VERSE: “If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed.” 2 John 1:10
WHAT IS DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH?
This is a process of study that helps you to get the truth. It can be classified into three stages:
1. LEARNING: This process requires you to know all you have never known by learning or experience.
2. RE-LEARN: This process helps you to emphasize and get mastery of what you have learned.
3. DE-LEARNING: This is the process of sifting the wheat from the husk. Here the half-truth and untrue concepts are eliminated or removed.
WHERE CAN I GET THESE PROCESSES?
Every educational support of churches, ministries and fellowship make available three learning processes through platforms like Directorate of Christian Education (DCE) in RCCG, Redeemed Christian Bible College (RCBC), School of Disciples (SOD), the Redeemed Christian School of Mission (RECSOM), House Fellowship Leadership Training etc..
A born-again Christian must go through these processes as he/she has to be under studies of the Word of God with the help of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is critical because the bible is only a curriculum, the teacher is the Holy Spirit. No wonder, the way a scripture is revealed to a person, who is spirit filled, is different from the one who looks at it as an ordinary literature book.
SUMMARY: Acquire, practice/live and impact knowledge daily as that is the best way to become relevant to God and Humanity.
You study the word of God intensively with the help of the Holy Spirit. Only then can you discern the truth from falsehood.
Heresies have been predicted over two thousand years ago. No wonder, they are here, however, you can save yourself from being deceived as an elect, when you study to show yourself approved unto God by dividing the word of truth correctly.
LESSON: TWENTY-ONE (21)
TOPIC: WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ISSUE A DECREE OR GIVE A COUNSEL
BIBLE PASSAGE: Exodus 8:1-14; 41-45
MEMORY VERSE: That confirmeth the word of His servant, and performeth the counsel of His messengers; that saith to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be inhabited; and to the cities of Judah, Ye shall be built, and I will raise up the decayed places thereof: Isaiah 44:26
CONDITIONS YOU MUST MEET BEFORE YOU DECREE A THING AND EXPECT TO SEE THE MANIFESTATION ARE:
1. You must be rooted in the Word of God, so that you understand your divine privilege to have your decree upheld – Colossians 2:7; 2 Timothy 2:15
2. When you hear, receive and obey the Word of God, you are given the power to decree the Word – Deuteronomy 28:1; Jeremiah 1:9-12
3. Always ask the Holy Ghost for assistance and guidance as to what you need to decree on – Romans 8:26-27
4. Believe and expect to see the manifestation – Mark 9:23
5. Decree according to the will of God.
6. Walk in total obedience to the Word of God – 2 Corinthians 10:6
CONDITIONS YOU MUST MEET BEFORE YOU GIVE COUNSEL ARE:
1. Pray: Before meeting anybody for the purpose of counselling, we must not forget to pray. We must seek for what to tell them from God – Daniel 2:27-28
2. Listen well: We can never give good, Godly and timely counsel, if we don´t listen well – James 1:19
3. Search the Scriptures: We must never give counsel from any source other than the bible. The Word of God has instructions for every single thing under the sun – Hebrews 4:12-13
WHAT DO I DO AFTER ISSUING A DECREE OR GIVING A COUNSEL?
1. Backup your decree with prayer. 1 Kings 18:1; 41-45 prophet Elijah still prayed despite hearing God clearly, that he should tell Ahab that He was about to send rain to the earth – John 14:13
2. Strong faith is required over your counsel. Mark 11:23
i. And Moses said unto him, as soon as I am gone out of the city, I will spread abroad my hands unto the LORD; and the thunder shall cease neither shall there be any more hail, that thou mayest know how that the earth is of the LORD’S. Exodus 9:29. And in verse 33, it was done according to his counsel.
ii. Elisha sent a messenger to Naaman to go and dip himself in River Jordan seven times for his healing. 2 Kings 5:10 and in verse 14, after complying, he was healed.
SUMMARY: God will always back up His Word with manifestation.
It is written in Job 22:28 “Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways”. As a child of God you are already empowered to issue decrees –John 1:12. Grow your faith not to make you have any doubt on your counsels and decrees – Mark 11:23. Develop a powerful prayer life to actualize your decrees and counsels like Elijah – 1 Kings 18:1; 41-45.
BIBLE PASSAGE: Exodus 8:1-14; 41-45
LESSON: TWENTY – TWO (22)
TOPIC: MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR YOU
BIBLE PASSAGE: 2 Corinthians 12:7-10
MEMORY VERSE: “And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” 2 Corinthians 12:9
WAYS IN WHICH GOD’S GRACE CAN BE SUFFICIENT IN YOUR LIFE
1. When you have challenges with your health and it seems not changing.
2. When you cannot do what your mates are doing, after several trials.
3. When you cannot get money to settle life issues like further your education, rent, feeding etc..
4. When you want to serve God in a particular capacity and you are unable.
5. When you have come to the end of the road.
6. When you have lost hope and people seem to have abandoned you.
7. When you have lacked strength and the ability to face your enemies in your battle.
SUMMARY: Are you stuck, tired and seems you want to find alternatives to those challenges? God’s grace is still and ever sufficient. Wait and stay on Him. He would not fail; you can trust Him.
*CONCLUSION”: Grace as used here means God’s favour that we do not merit or qualified for. When God’s grace is UPI a person, he will enjoy divine abilities and capacity over his deficiencies. Is there any deficiency in your life, God’s grace is what you need.
LESSON: TWENTY – THREE (23)
TOPIC: THE RACE IS NOT TO THE SWIFT, NOR THE BATTLE TO THE STRONG
BIBLE PASSAGE: Hebrews 12:1-13
MEMORY VERSE: “I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.” Ecclesiastes 9:11
It is one thing to start a race and another thing to finish it. While it is a great thing to finish the race, it is more glorious to finish it with joy.
TO FINISH IT WITH JOY, we must:
1. Remember, that we are surrounded by, so great, a cloud of witnesses, who by faith have testified to the truth of God´s absolute faithfulness (Hebrews 12:1a). We are not the only one to take this journey. People have run this way before, as Hebrews 11 shows (a chapter that is often called the “hall of faith”).
2. Do away with every unnecessary weight and the sin which so easily and cleverly entangles us. We must run with endurance and persistence the race that is set before us (Hebrews 12:1b). Those things that seem so satisfying in the moment can take our eyes off the prize (Romans 8:13).
3. Look away from all those things that will distract us and keep your focus only on Jesus, who is the author and finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:2).
SUMMARY: Safety is of the Lord. So run with God in mind.
We must run the race that is set before us depending completely on God. As we run this race and keep our eyes on Jesus, He will bring us to our long-awaited reward (Philippians 3:4).
Satan is doing everything to get us, but if we are dead to self, we will not be moved. However, if we allow self to control us,we will take offence and finish in sorrow. This will not be our portion in Jesus’ name. But, we must be ready to pay the price to finish this Christian race with joy.
LESSON: TWENTY – FOUR (24)
TOPIC: GOD´S POWER IS AVAILABLE FOR YOU AS A MEMBER OF HIS KINGDOM SONSHIP
BIBLE PASSAGE: Acts 2:1-8, 12-17, 40-41
MEMORY VERSE: “But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name.” – John 1:12
GOD’S CONDITIONS TO ACCESS THE KINGDOM SONSHIP POWERS:
In John 1:12, to receive Him, means:
1. Welcoming Him into your life – Revelation 3:20; Songs of Solomon 5:2; Matthew 10:11-14
2. Loving Him and keeping His words / commandments – John 14:21-24
3. Moving closer to Him and allowing Him to lift up the burden that has encumbered you – Matthew 4:18-20; Matthew 10:1-2; Matthew 11:28-30
4. To be genuinely born again means i.e. not to allow the shedding of the blood of Jesus Christ to be in vain. Salvation of one’s soul is important. John 3:16-18
POWERS OF KINGDOM SONS AND DAUGHTERS INCLUDE:
1. The power of dominion – Genesis 1:28
2. The power to decree a thing and for such a thing to be established – Matthew 16:19
3. The power to be strong and to do exploits – Daniel 11:32b
4. Grace for salvation – 1 Thessalonians 5:9; Acts 4:12; Hebrews 9:28
5. The power to preach the gospel – Luke 11:4; 1 Corinthians 2:17-19; Isaiah 61:1-2; 2 Timothy 4:1-2
6. The power over an unclean spirit – Mark 6:7; Matthew 10:1
7. The power to trample upon serpent and scorpion – Luke 10:19
8. Knowledge is power leading to good success – Joshua 1:8
9. The power to be in total obedience to God – Isaiah 1:18-19
10. The power to deliver the captives – Isaiah 49:24-26
11. The power to access hidden treasures of God – Psalm 45:7; Isaiah 57:15
12. The power to activate the power behind His words – Deuteronomy 28:1-2
SUMMARY: Power come with a price, but it is your right.
Peter was called from his fishing profession. He accepted God´s invitation. He was prayed for by Jesus Christ. He obeyed Jesus, when he was asked to tarry in the upper room with other disciples (Acts 1:4).
LESSON: TWENTY FIVE (25)
TOPIC: THE BLOOD OF THE SLAIN CRIES IN THE SPIRITUAL REALM.
- RCCG Fasting Prayers
- RCCG HOLY GHOST CONGRESS
- RCCG HOLY GHOST CONVENTION
- RCCG House Fellowship
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL TEACHER'S
- RCCG Live Service
- rccg messages
- RCCG News
- RCCG Prayer Point
- RCCG SHILOH HOUR
- RCCG Sunday School Manual
- THE PRAYER CHAIN MINISTRY
BIBLE PASSAGE: Deuteronomy 21:1-9*
*MEMORY VERSE : And he said, what hast thou done ? the voice of thy brother blood crieth unto me from the ground. Genesis 4:10
CAN A BLOOD SPEAK OR CRY OUT ?
Yes, the blood speaks! It speaks in the spiritual. Since God is spirit, He is not only hear their voices; He also know and sees the details of such blood, how they died, who killed them, reasons behind such killing etc. Blood speaks, though in audible in the physical world; yet so loud that God hears and sees it all. There is the voice of the blood. Gen 4:10.
a) Gen 4:10 says “And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother’s blood crieth unto me from the ground.”
b) God rejected David’s request to build Him a house on the ground that as a soldier, he had shed blood. “But God said unto me, Thou shalt not build an house for my name, because thou hast been a man of war, and hast shed blood.” 1 Chronicles 28:3. God eventually settled for Solomon to build the house. “And he said unto me, Solomon thy son, he shall build my house my courts: for I have chosen him to be my son, and I will be his father”. 1 Chronicles 28:6.
c) God revenges shedding of innocent blood. 2 King 24:3 “Surely at the commandment of The Lord came this upon Judah, to remove them out of this sight, for the sins of Manasseh, according to all that he did; ” 2 King 24:4. “And also for the innocent blood that he shed: for he filled Jerusalem with innocent blood; which The Lord did not pardon”.
d) King Ahab Naboth. ” And thou shalt speak unto him, saying, Thus saith the LORD, Hast thou killed, and also taken possession? And thou shalt speak unto him, saying, Thus saith the LORD, In the place where dogs licked the blood of Naboth shall dogs lick thy blood, even thine.” 1 Kings 21:19.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN JESUS’ BLOOD AND ABEL’S BLOOD
While Abel’s blood was crying out for justice from God, Jesus’ blood was pleading for forgiveness for our sins that men might be reconciled back to God.
Abel’s blood brought the curse to the entire generation of Cain, but Jesus’ blood, till today helps mankind to get saved and entire into Paradise.
Abel’s blood cried unto God from the land, but Jesus sprinkles his blood from above to all men who ask for it and His blood sacrifice “speaks better things than that of Abel.”
SUMMARY: The blood of Jesus speaks everyday, so therefore no blood can speak judgement against God’s own.
CONCLUSION: The Bible, From Genesis to Revelation, speaks of the blood of the slian crying out to God for vengeance. It speaks of the innocent blood polluting the ground on which that blood is shed, and it speaks of God who promises to repay the blood of the innocent on the hands of the murderers, even to hold the jurisdiction of murders responsible if they do not atone for the blood of the slain found in their territory. Since God cares so much about atoning for the righteous blood of innocent victims, we ought to care about the issue as well