RCCG HOUSE FELLOWSHIP LEADERS’ MANUAL March 1st, 2020. LESSON: TWENTY (27)
TOPIC: BY THEIR FRUITS, YOU SHALL KNOW THEM.
Father, please help me bear fruit that comes from you.
BIBLE PASSAGE: Matthew 7:15-20
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Our bible text today (Matthew 7:15-20) is a powerful warning from Jesus that there are many who will come in His name who are actively seeking to lead us away from the truth, and we are to be on guard against this. Also in Matthew 12:33-37, He Illustrated with a tree known by its fruit and says that in the day of judgement, people will be judged by their words. He is saying here that fruit are the words that are produced i.e fruits is the product of inner life.
Wherefore by their fruit ye shall know them. Matthew 7:20.
A tree and it fruit (Luke 6:43-45, Matthew 12:23-37)
The fruit of a fig tree are figs, the fruit of a grape vine are grapes and the fruit of a prophet is his prophecy. Every good tree bear good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
TWO KINDS OF TREE
1. Tree that produces the fruits of sin. Galatians 5:19-21
2. Tree that produces the fruit of the holy spirit. Galatians 5:22-23.
More Bible Verse On False Prophets:
1. Prophets that prophecy lies. Jeremiah 23:25-32
2. False Christs and false prophets. Mark 13:22-23, 2 Peter 2:1-3.
3. Do not believe every spirit. 1 John 4:1-6.
4. Beware of other gospel that is not of Christ. Galatian 1:8-9.
5. Beware of false apostles, deceitful workers. 2 Corin.11:13-26.
6. God spoke through moses in Deut.13:1 – 5 and Deut.18:20-22.
SUMMARY: Be sensitive watch what you allow into you. Not all that shine is Gold.
CONCLUSION: We must be grounded in the Word of God for us to be able to discern good fruit from the bad ones and also to distinguish good from evil (Colossians 2:6-10). Being grounded in the Word of God will not only allow us to bear godly fruits, but will also allow us to recognize the same when we see it. Also, praying constantly and allowing Holy spirit to guide our life is very important.
ASSIGNMENT: Start bearing Godly fruit beginning from now.
1. Thank God for your salvation and His mercies over you.
2. Ask God to give afresh unto you the gift of Holy Spirit.
3. Father, totally remove every tree in me that brings no forth good fruit in Jesus Name.
4. Pray for rapid growth of RCCG physically, spiritually and numerically.
5. Pray for Daddy General Overseer and those in authority in Nigeria.
6. Personal prayer request.
GOLDEN DIET FOR THE WEEK
MONDAY: Galatians 5:22-23, fruit of the Spirit.
TUESDAY: 1 John 4:16, God is love.
WEDNESDAY: John 15:5, Abide in me.
THURSDAY: Matthew 3:10, Every tree that bringeth not good fruit is hewn down.
FRIDAY: Matthew 24:4 , Luke 21:8, Take heed.
SATURDAY: Matthew 24:35, My word shall not pass away .
SUNDAY: 1 Corinthians 15:33, Evil communications currupt good manners