RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023 AGE 13-19 TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 20TH OF NOVEMBER, 2022
LESSON TWELVE (12)
ALL RCCG MANUALS THIS WEEK
- RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENTS’ MANUAL SUNDAY 20TH OF NOVEMBER 2022 LESSON TWELVE (12)
- FRENCH RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER’S MANUAL Leçon 12 LE MYSTÈRE DE L’INIQUITÉ DIMANCHE 20 NOVEMBRE 2022
- YORUBA RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER’S MANUAL Ẹ̀KỌ́ KEJÌLÁ OHUN ÌJÌNLẸ̀ NÍPA ÀÌSEDÉÉDÉ
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL AGE 13-19 TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 20TH OF NOVEMBER 2022 LESSON 12
- RCCG HOUSE FELLOWSHIP LEADERS’ MANUAL SUNDAY, 20TH NOVEMBER, 2022 LESSON TWELVE (12)
- RCCG YAYA SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENTS’ MANUAL SUNDAY 20TH OF NOVEMBER 2022 LESSON TWELVE (12)
- RCCG YAYA SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS’ MANUAL SUNDAY 20TH OF NOVEMBER 2022 LESSON TWELVE (12)
- RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS’ MANUAL SUNDAY 20TH OF NOVEMBER 2022 LESSON TWELVE (12)
TOPIC: REVISION 2/SUMMARY
* The teacher is to revise the previous lessons with the Teenagers.
* You can also ask them questions to ensure lessons have been well understood Teenagers.
* Please, remember to tell your class to review the previous lessons during the week before the rev ision day.
Remember that next week is quiz.
*SUMMARY OF LESSONS 7-11*
*LESSON SEVEN (07)*
*TOPIC: THE NEW BIRTH (SALVATION)*
BIBLE TEXT: Romans 6:4-6
MEMORY VERSE: 2 Corinthians 5:17 “If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature, old things are passed away, behold all things are become new”.
LESSON AIM: At the end of this study, teenagers will have the understanding that the new birth (Salvation) is not physical but spiritual.
CENTRAL TRUTH: The Holy Spirit does the work of the new birth.
INTRODUCTION: When a child is just born, everything about that child is new, the child has a new life, new identity and the child will have some similar features with the parents. The institution the child is born will have to create a new record for him and the child will have to be registered into the country and any school or institution the child attends. The moment we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and personal saviour and we are baptized we have a new life where all our record of wrong is deleted and we now have a new record with Him. We then begin to live like Him as we follow his instructions. New birth in Christ is similar to this but it is spiritual through the work of the Holy Spirit. The same way the mother does all the work of pregnancy to delivery, so also the Holy Spirit does the work of the New birth so we can see the Kingdom of God (John 3:3). Once we believe in the saving power of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit regenerates us and begin to transform us into the image of Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:17.
A. WHAT IS NEW BIRTH?
1.- It is referred to as a spiritual birth or a regeneration of the human spirit John 3:8
2. It is the gateway to the kingdom of God John 3:3
3. It is God’s birth (the birth of love) 1 Pet. 1:31
4. It is the birth into an everlasting inheritance 1 Pet. 1:4, John 1:12
B. REQUIREMENT FOR THE NEW BIRTH
1. Faith John 3:14-15
2. The Word and the Spirit John 1:18, John 3:6
C. STEPS INTO HAVING THE NEW BIRTH EXPERIENCE
– Repentance and Baptism. Acts 2:38, Ps. 51:1-13
– Baptism in the Holy Ghost John 3:5, Romans 8:8-11
– Regular Bible study 2 Timothy 2: 15, Ps. 119:11, 105
– Regular Prayers and Fasting 2 Chron. 7: 17, Mk 14:38, Daniel 9:3
– Attending church regularly to fellowship with other believers. Heb. 10:25, Rom. 10:17
– Witnessing Rev. 12:11, Ezekiel 3:18
– Holiness and Separation from Sin. 2 Corinthians 6:17, Heb. 12:14
– Godly Choices Col.3:5
LIFE APPLICATION: The New birth involves leaving the old way of life and walking in the new which is evident by a great transformation and trusting in Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit to help daily.
CONCLUSION: The work of the New birth is the work of the Holy Spirit and faith in Jesus and not by human effort 1 Pet. 1:3-4.
*LESSON EIGHT (08)*
*TOPIC: THE PROMISE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT*
BIBLE TEXT: Acts 1:8
MEMORY VERSE: Luke 24:49 “And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
LESSON AIM: At the end of this lesson, teenagers will understand the significance of the promise of the Holy Spirit.
CENTRAL TRUTH: Holy Spirit is the spirit of God that empowers believers for service.
INTRODUCTION: Jesus knowing fully well that He will ascend to heaven, and also that the disciples might lack power and courage, convey to them the promise of the Holy Spirit, which was given by the father because without the Holy Spirit, living a godly life and proper witnessing would be impossible. The Holy Spirit came to give us power and ability to do all things.
A. THE PROMISES OF THE SPIRIT ARE:
– A Gift. Acts 2:38
– The promise of the father. Acts 1:4
– A baptism. Acts 1:5
– Power from on high. Luke 24:49
– Prophecy fulfilled. Joel 2:28-29, Acts 2:17-19
B. THE PROMISE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT HAS PURPOSES
– To baptize believers with the Holy Spirit. John 1:33, Acts 1:5
– To dwell in believers. John 14:16-17, Acts 2:4
– To give strength and direction to believers. John 14:26
– To empower believers to be God’s witness. Acts 1:8
C. BY WHOM WAS THE PROMISE MADE?
– By God the Father through God the Son. Luke 24:49
– By God, but through Christ, who conveys to us our Father’s promise. John 14:16, 17,26; John 15:26; John 16:7-15.
D. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE PROMISED HOLY SPIRIT
– Awareness of the importance of the Holy Spirit. Acts 1:4
– Awareness of the Holy Spirit as the source of believer’s power. Acts 1:8
– Awareness of the help that comes through the Holy Spirit. John 14:26, 15:26.
E. TO WHOM IS THE HOLY SPIRIT PROMISED?
– To the disciples of Christ Jesus. Acts 1:4-5
– To all believers. Acts 2:38-39, 1 Corinthians 12:12-13.
– To the gentiles. Galatians 3:14
LIFE APPLICATION: The distinctive mark of a Christian is that he is indwelt by the Holy Spirit and it is true of every Christian from the moment cf believing in Jesus Christ. The promise of the Holy Spirit is meant for everyone but is received only by children of God to equip and empower them to fulfill God’s purpose in life.
CONCLUSION: The promise of the Father was the promise that the Holy Spirit would come at Pentecost to do a distinctive work in the lives of all Christians; it was a promise to all believers and to the Church at large to glorify God.
*LESSON NINE (09)*
*TOPIC: THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT*
BIBLE TEXT: Acts 1:4-8
MEMORY VERSE: ACTS 2:4: “And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance.
LESSON AIM: At the end of the study, teenagers should know the importance of the baptism of the Holy Spirit
CENTRAL TRUTH: Baptism in the Holy Spirit is an empowering experience for believers.
INTRODUCTION: The word “Baptism’ means to “dip in” or to “immerse”. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is an “immersion of the spirit”. When you are baptized with the Holy Spirit, you will receive strength, power, and boldness from God to accomplish the work of God and overcome sin in your own life. Following the outpouring of the Holy Ghost at Pentecost (Acts 2), the early church continued to experience the baptism in the Holy Ghost.
WHAT IS BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT?
A. The baptism in the Holy Spirit is an infilling of power that Jesus performs in the life of one who is completely yielded to Him. This baptism is not a requirement for salvation; rather, it is a gift for those who have already received new spiritual birth, the evidence of being filled with the Spirit is speaking in tongues.
B. THE IMPORTANCE OF THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
1. We need boldness and power to be true witnesses. Acts 1:8.
2. So we can be a sign to unbelievers 1 Corinthians 14:22
3. To build up our faith. 1 Corinthians 14:4
4. It is the promise of God to us Joel 2:28. Luke 24:49
5. Deepens your personal relationship with God.
6. It enables us to have the 9 fruits of the Spirit Galatians 5:22-23.
7. The Holy Spirit empowers you to be a very fruitful witness of the gospel. Acts 1:8
C. HOW TO RECEIVE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
1. You must first receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Luke 24:49, Acts 8:14-17.
2. Be water baptized as a profession of your faith Acts 8:12-17
3. Prepare your heart to receive the Holy Spirit baptism. Acts 15:8
4. Ask your Heavenly Father to fill you with His Holy Spirit. Luke 11:13
5. Receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit through prayer and worship. Eph 5:18-19.
6. Be willing to speak in new tongue as the Spirit gives utterance. 1 Corinthians 14:14-15
7. Seek the Lord’s presence and pray in the Spirit daily. Jude 1:20
8. Laying on of hands: 1 Timothy 4:14
9. Listening to the gospel: Acts 10:44
D. HINDRANCES TO RECEIVING THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. There are a few hindrances to receiving the baptism in the Holy Spirit. These must be dealt with before the Spirit will come with power.
– Doubt – Unbelief (doubt) Hebrews 11:6
– Pride – 1 Corinthians 1:27-29
– Fear – 2 Timothy 1:7
– Unwillingness to surrender
E. BENEFITS OF BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
1. Sanctification of believers. 1 Corinthians 6:11
2. He helps you to be intimate with God. 2 Corinthians 3:18
3. He helps us to do the Father’s will. Acts 8:29
4. The Holy Spirit is the source of gifts. 1 Corinthians 12:4-11
5. He imparts God’s Love. Roman 5:3-5
6. He helps us to pray. Romans 8:26
7. He gives us the power to be true witnesses and to evangelize. Acts 1:8.
LIFE APPLICATION: To be baptized in the Holy Spirit means to be filled with the Holy Spirit of God, the third person of the trinity. By being filled you become more like Him and you are empowered to do the work that God has called you to do. The baptism of The Holy Spirit is for every believer, not just for pastors or evangelists, but even for teenagers too. We all have work to do and the Holy Spirit helps us, guides us, and equips us to do His work. The only way we can be baptized in the Holy Spirit is when we give our lives to Christ. Have you given your life to Christ? John 1:12.
CONCLUSION: Baptism of the Holy Spirit is an empowering experience, equipping Spirit-filled believers for witnessing and ministry. Apart from this, we also need this power to build up the church. The baptism in the Holy Spirit is the doorway to experiencing God in your life. Receiving the Holy Spirit is so important to the Lord that He commanded the apostles not to go anywhere until they have received the Holy Spirit (Luke 24:49, Acts 1:4). God wants to fill your life with His Holy Spirit so you can be a witness of His love and power.
*RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023*
*AGE 13-19 TEACHER’S MANUAL*
*SUNDAY 6TH OF NOVEMBER, 2022*
*LESSON TEN (10)*
*TOPIC: THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT: THE COMFORTER*
BIBLE TEXT: John 14:16-18
MEMORY VERSE: John 14:26 “But the l Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”
LESSON AIM: At the end of the study, teenagers would know the work of the Holy Spirit as the Comforter.
CENTRAL TRUTH: The Holy Spirit is the greatest Comforter.
INTRODUCTION: The word ‘Comfort’ reminds us of so many good things we imagine we can have in our times of discomfort and pain. It means a state of physical case and freedom from pain or constraint. Oftentimes, comfort is well appreciated in a time of distress or pain like having a shoulder to cry on or something that will make us forget our cares and worries while giving us a feeling of contentment. This is the role the Holy Spirit plays in our lives. The Holy Spirit is the Comforter, whom Jesus promised to send to His disciples after He was crucified. This Comforter, Jesus said, would guide all believers into all Truth. He would remain forever with us and give us Comfort especially when the journey of salvation is lonely and tough.
A) HOWDOES THE HOLY SPIRIT COMFORTS US?
1. By communicating joy to us- Romans 14:17.
2. By sharing God’s Love with us- Romans 5:5
3. By teaching and leading us to the truth of God’s word that we need – John 14:26.
4. Giving us hope in times of hopelessness -Romans 15: 13.
5. Brings forth anointing that removes burden and destroys yokes of bondage- Isaiah 61:1-3.
6. By practical, insightful guidance from Him- John 14:25-26.
7. He helps us not to witness alone- John 15:26-27.
B) WHY DO WE NEED TO BE COMFORTED?
1. So we can comfort others too. 2 Cor 1:3-4
2. Because the world is full of troubles and trials. Psalm 118:5
B. We have no strength of our own, we are mere mortals. Isaiah 51:12
4. To help us navigate the struggles of this physical life and to make it to heaven.
C) BENEFITS OF BEING COMFORTED
1. It brings joy – Psalm 94:19
2. Access to divine knowledge. Jeremiah 14:26
3. Assurance of God’s presence forever. John 14:16
D) BIBLICAL EXAMPLES OF PEOPLE THAT WERE COMFORTED
1. The woman with the Issue of blood Matthew 9:22
2. Blind Bartimaeus Mark 10:49
LIFE APPLICATION: Are you facing challenges and trials? Do you continually seek comfort from people and they are not helping? Today’s lesson tells us the Holy Spirit is the greatest Comforter. Give your life to Jesus Christ today and the Holy Spirit will be with you forever.
CONCLUSION: Only believers can have access to this, when challenges come and there seem to be no help, the Holy Spirit is always there to comfort us and give us hope.
*LESSON ELEVEN (11)*
*TOPIC: WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT – HE GUIDES US*
BIBLE TEXT: John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
MEMORY VERSE: John 14:6 “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
LESSON AIM: At the end of this study, teenagers will understand the Importance
of being guided by the Holy Ghost.
CENTRAL TRUTH:The Holy Spirit is ready to guide us in all truth
INTRODUCTION: Tourists usually need a guide whenever they visit a place of interest. This tour guide will not only take them to places of interest but also tell them stories and give them tangible information about the place. The Holy Spirit also does the same, He guides us through our journey in the world where we meet several people and go places where only the Holy Spirit knows and can give us necessary information about. In this study, we would look at one of the works of the Holy Spirit in us as believers which is to guide us. The Holy Spirit acts as a Guide to the believers.
A.) WHY DO WE NEED THE HOLY SPIRIT TO GUIDE US?
– He is the promise of Jesus Christ to us when he was ascending to Heaven – John 14:26.
– He has been from the beginning, so he knows all things – Genesis 1:2.
– To know more about the Truth (Jesus Christ) you need to be guided by one who knows the truth
– John 14:6.
B. WAYS THE HOLY SPIRIT GUIDES
– He guides the believer into Truth .John 16:13
– He leads people where to go. Acts 8:27-29
– He helps believers understand the things of God. 1 Corinthians 2: 12
– He sets people apart for ministry. Acts 13:2-4
C.) HOW THE HOLY SPIRIT GUIDES
– Through God’s Word. Heb, 4:12
– Through Wisdom. Isaiah 11:2
– By Counseling us. Isaiah 11:2
LIFE APPLICATION: We make decisions daily and some of these decisions can be responsible for our success or failure in life. We need the Holy Spirit to guide us into the right path and He can only do this if we have experienced salvation that comes through God the Son our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
CONCLUSION: The Holy Spirit is always ready to guide us whenever we ask for help but He will only guide those who are saved and have a relationship with God.