Support the Good work on this Blog
RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023
AGE 9-12 TEACHER’S MANUAL
SUNDAY 30TH OF JULY, 2023
LESSON FORTY EIGHT (48)
BIBLE TEXT: Luke 3:7-8
Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
MEMORY VERSE: 2 Corinthians 7:10,” for godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death”
LESSON AIM: To let the children know the meaning of repentance.
CENTRAL TRUTH: Repentance comes before salvation.
INTRODUCTION: John the Baptist was at river Jordan baptizing people. When he saw the multitude, wondered, he warned them to flee from the wrath to come. He told them to bring forth fruits worthy of repentance Few things in the life of a believer are as disheartening as the long struggle with persistent sins. This is particularly true when we have experienced victory over sin in other areas of our life. We know God has the power to get rid of our sin, so why won’t he? It may sound counterintuitive, but sometimes victory over some sin tarries because God desires to teach us how to truly repent of that sin. God desires his people to know not only how to walk in holiness, but also to obey his command to rend our hearts when we fall short of his glory, Joel 2:13, Yes, sin in our life is a problem, but so is a life where we haven’t learned how to truly repent of sin.
A. WHAT IS REPENTANCE
1. Repentance is a change of mind that leads to a change in conduct
2. Repentance is a change of character from wickedness to righteousness
3. Repentance is to turn to God and turn from evil
Also read; childrens-sunday-school-manual-assemblies-of-god-church-nigeria-lesson-5-sunday-30th-july-2023
B. STEPS INVOLVE IN REPENTANCE
1 Change of attitude or way of thinking
2. Hatred for sin and love for holiness and purity
3. Sorrow for past wrongs. Luke 18:13
4. A turning from sin or the devil and turning unto God. 1 Thessalonians 1:9
C. MEN THAT PREACHED REPENTANCE IN THE BIBLE
1. John the Baptist: “Repent…” Matthew 3:1-2
2. Jesus: “Repent…” Matthew 4:17
3. Disciples: .preached that men should repent” Mark 6:12.
5. Jesus: “Repentance and remission should be preached.” Luke 24:47.
6. Jesus: “Five of seven churches commanded to repent.” Revelation 2, 3.
7. Jonah preached God’s message, not his own opinion. Jonah 3:3-4.
D. WHAT REPENTANCE IS NOT?
1. Some think that when a person knows he is a sinner and feels guilty, he has repented. In Acts 26, we are told that Paul preached to a certain king named Agrippa, who was very sinful.
2. There are others who say that repentance is being afraid (to die, of God, or future, or hell). But repentance is not just being afraid. Acts 24:25.
3. Still others say that sorrow is being sorry for your sins. The Bible says that godly sorrow leads to repentance (2 Cor 7:9-10).
LIFE APPLICATION: Before your salvation or conversion can be genuine, repentance must come first.
CONCLUSION: repentance is to confess and forsake our sinful lifestyle. It is a prerequisite for salvation.