RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023
AGE 13-19 STUDENT’S MANUAL
SUNDAY 23RD OF APRIL, 2023
LESSON THIRTY FOUR (34)
TOPIC: WALKING AND LIVING IN THE HOLY SPIRIT
BIBLE TEXT: Galatians 5:16-25
I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
MEMORY VERSE: This I say then, walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5: 16.
LESSON AIM: To teach them on how to walk and live in the spirit.
CENTRAL TRUTH: Your Spirit should control your flesh not the other way round.
INTRODUCTION: Galatians 5:25 “If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit”, According to the oxford dictionary, to live is to remain alive or to make your home in a particular place or with someone. On the other hand, walking in the context of usage in the Bible verse could be a route recommended or marked for special purposes or to guide, accomnpany or escort someone. Therefore, to live in the Spirit is to renmain alive in God and to make Him your home (place of abode and
safety). You walk in the Spirit when you choose the ways of God by prioritizing pleasing God above all else and by allowing the Holy Spirit to accompany and guide you daily. Walking and living in the Holy Spirit is God’s perfect will for us. Living and walking in the Spirit comes from a place of faith (believing, trusting) and willingness (total surrender). Living in the Holy Spirit comes from a place of constant fellowship with God, just as a saying goes, you cannot give what you don’t have. You cannot walk or live in the Holy Spirit if you do not have the Holy Spirit.
A) IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT.
1. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit is God. 2 Cor. 2:11, Eph 4:30
2. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth. John 16:13
3. The Holy Spirit is the ………………….. Dan. 5:12
4. The Holy Spirit is the promise of Jesus Christ to us. John14:15-18
5. The Holy Spirit is the seal of our inheritance. 2 Cor 1:22
6 The Holy Spirit is our …………… and teacher.
7. The Holy Spirit is our help in these last days. Acts 2:17
B.) HOWTO LIVE AND WALK IN THE SPIRIT.
1. Subject yourself to God, the Father of Spirits. Heb 12:9
3. Be a genuinc believer. Rev. 3:1.2 Tim 3:5
4. Set your mind on thing of the spirit. Rom. Gal 5:22-23
5. Extend the fruit of the spirit to other people. Gal. 5:22-23
6. Commit yourself to the leading of the Holy Spirit. Rom. 8:14, Isa.30:21
7. Be conscious of your status as a child of God and be mindful of how you always represent God in the world. Matt.17:20
C.) BENEFITS OFWALKINGANDLIVINGIN THE SPIRIT
1. It becomes easy for you to overcome the desires of the flesh. Gal 5;16
2. You will be empowered to ………………, Ezek. 36:27
3. Walking in the spirit sets you free from condermnation. Rom 8:1
4. It helps to retain our righteousness, Rom 8:4
5. You will be a good ambassador of Christ. Matt 7:20, 2 Cor 5:20
DISCUSSION: What are the hindrances to living and walking in the Spirit?
CONCLUSION: In our daily lives, we need the Holy Spirit to guide and lead us, thus, walking and living in the Holy Spirit is not an option but a necessity, let’s try our very best to walk in the spirit and not in the flesh. It is very possible to live and walk in the Spirit, our faith with love for God as the bedrock will keep us constantly
in fellowship with God.
* What is God saying in today’s lesson?
* How can I apply this to my life?
* My prayer today ……….