RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023
AGE 13-19 TEACHER’S MANUAL
SUNDAY 12TH OF MARCH, 2023
LESSON TWENTY EIGHT (28)*
TOPIC: THE POWER GIFT 2: HEALING AND WORKING OF MIRACLES
BIBLE TEXT: 1 Corinthians 12:4-12
Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
MEMORY VERSE: “To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues” 1 Corinthians 12:10
LESSON AIM: God is completely involved in the giving, using and empowering of gifts. Specifically gifts, places of service and activities vary but they all have their best effects when they build up the body of Christ – the Church.
CENTRAL TRUTH: 1 Cor. 13:13 “And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three: but the greatest of these is charity.” Apostle Paul says gifts are not the main thing. Love is the main thing. Using gifts is one way to love.
INTRODUCTION: There is a difference between the gifts of healing and the working of miracles. Gifts of healing and working of miracles are supernatural enablement given to a believer to minister various kinds of healing and restoration to individuals through the power of the Holy Spirit.
A.) WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT THE GIFT OF HEALING:
1. This gift is not for self-exaltation but for the benefit of others.
2. There are varied gifts of healing that can be given to us at different times for different illnesses. If God gives you gifts of healing, it does not mean that you can heal at will or that everyone you pray for will be healed … Vs 11. God gave Apostle Paul the grace to heal the crippled man (Acts 14:10): the demonized girl (Acts 16:18). But Paul could not heal himself from the thorn in the flesh (2 Cor. 12:8-9) or from the ailment that he had when he preached in Galatia (Gal. 4:13-14).
3. Seek the gifts of healing (1 Cor. 14:1): We may rightly seek the gift of healing which is based on love and compassion.
CLASS ACTIVITY 1: What is the relationship between love, compassion and healing?
B.) WORKING OF MIRACLES: A miracle is an extraordinary event that goes against nature, and cannot be explained by science, though Christians believe it is caused by God. Therefore, the gift of working miracles is the supernatural ability to and see the extraordinary power of God manifested in a situation, person or people. It moves beyond the natural realm and its laws are to accomplish the will of God.
1. Benefits of Miracles: Miracles provide us with breakthrough, deliverance, edification, healing, and more. These testimonies of God’s power and goodness can cause the hardest of hearts to soften. It shakes the believers’ thinking and draws us closer to God. Miracles are supposed to accompany the preaching of the Gospel.
2. Search for some examples of Miracles in the Bible:
John 2 –
John 11 –
Matt. 14: 13-14 –
CLASS ACTIVITY 2: Does God still perform Miracles? If Yes, give personal examples and if No, explain why? Differentiate between gifts of healing and the working of miracles.
LIFE APPLICATION: As a child of God, you are entitled to divine healing and miracles. Seek God first and these shall be granted unto you.
CONCLUSION: Any healing and miracle that are not from God are magic.
Ask them – What did they learn in today’s lesson?
How can they apply this to their lives?
Let them put their prayer points here: