RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023
AGE 13-19 TEACHER’S MANUAL
SUNDAY 5TH OF MARCH, 2023
LESSON TWENTY SEVEN (27)
TOPIC: THE POWER GIFT 1: FAITH
BIBLE TEXT: Proverbs 3:3-4
Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
MEMORY VERSE: “And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.” Acts 6:8
LESSON AIM: For the teenagers to understand the importance of the powerful gift of faith.
CENTRAL TRUTH: The gift of faith enables believers to deliver and showcase God’s powerful impart and transforming effects in the lives of other people.
INTRODUCTION: The Bible defined faith as the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen Heb. 11:1, which means that when we receive the things we hoped for, then our faith has manifested physically. Without faith, it is impossible to please God. We are genuine believers today because of our strong belief (faith) in the person of our Lord Jesus Christ and our confession of the same.
Therefore, faith is a must-have for every child of God and we have the responsibility to guard our faith Heb. 4:14. There are depths to faith which could be little, great, or full; to become full of faith, the Holy Spirit the distributor, activator, and operator of gifts in believers, steps in give the girt as He pleases. The gift of faith is the supernatural power released in a believer to do the miracle works of God on the earth.
A.) BIBLICAL TRUTH ABOUT FAITH
1. Faith is both a gift of the Spirit and a fruit of the Spirit. Gal. 5:22, 1 Cor. 12:9
2. Without faith, it is impossible to please God. Heb. 11:6
3. Faith has labour. Heb 3:11
4. Faith is an anchor. Heb 4:14. Faith keeps believers grounded, steadfast and immovable; It is always available and in all situations.
5. Faith unites your heart, mouth and hands to produce rest and miracles. Heb. 3:18-19
6. Hope is important to strengthen our faith. Heb. 11:1
B.) DEPTHS OF FAITH
1. Little Faith: Exhibited by the fearful and doubtful, however, they remember to call on the Lord Jesus for help. Matthew 8:23-26, Matt. 14:31,
2. Great Faith: A person with great faith comes to Jesus boldly for their miracles and believes there is no barrier. Luke 7:9, Matt 1 5:28
3.Full of Faith: A believer who is full of faith has power as released by the Holy Spirit to work the miraculous. Acts 6:5. 8
C.) EVIDENCE OF THE POWER GIFT OF FAITH
1. Boldness: Peter- John 18:25-27, Acts 2: 14-38
2. Dogged believe in Jesus Christ: Paul -Acts 13:9
3. Working of miracles: Stephen-Acts 6:5-8
4. Supernatural Encounters that turn people to God. Acts 9:32-35
5. Insight into what God wants to do and empowerment to bring it to reality.
D) ACCESSING AND SUSTAINING THE POWER GIFT OF FAITH
1. It is given by the Holy Spirit, you can desire the gift but the ultimate giver is the Holy Spirit 1 Cor 12:11
2. Building on your most holy faith, exercising your faith. Jude 1:20
3. Praying in the Holy Ghost.
4, Service serves as an avenue for the expression and growth of your faith. Acts 6:5-8
DISCUSSION: Discuss the meaning and differences between saving Faith, living faith, works of faith and the gift of faith.
LIFE APPLICATION: The heroes of faith in Hebrews Chapter 11 were not low on their faith level and achieved remarkable feats for the Lord. They subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the violence of fire and witnessed their dead being raised to life again, amongst other great things. Our Lord Jesus Christ says greater works than these shall you do; our goal should be to be full of faith, as seen in Stephen’s life. You can do much more when you truly desire these 3 things: God, to see Him glorified and His gift as given by the Holy Spirit.
CONCLUSION: The gift of faith is for the edification of the Church; it is to showcase the glorious power of God. It helps us to believe the unseen and do the impossible; we call things that be not as though they are just like our Father, the Almighty God by the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. When blessed with this gift, you must use it to glorify God and for the edification of the body of Christ while you remain humble.
Ask them – What did they learn in today’s lesson?
How can they apply this to their lives?
Let them put their prayer points here: