Support the Good work on this Blog
RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023
AGE 13 TO 19 STUDENT’S MANUAL
SUNDAY 11TH OF JUNE, 2023
LESSON FORTY ONE (41)
TOPIC: SUSTAINING THE FIRE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT 3 (THROUGH SERVICE)
with goodwill doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men,
COLOSSIANS 3: 23
And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men,
For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers,
MEMORY VERSE: Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh: not with eye-service, as men-pleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God: and whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord
Christ. Colossians 3:22-24
CENTRAL TRUTH: We render acceptable service unto God by doing what He wants, and how, when and where He wants it done. We must be available to Him and must be willing to do whatever He requires of us.
INTRODUCTION: In Ephesians 6:7, Paul’s instruction encourages responsibility and integrity. Can you be trusted to do your best, even when no one is around to supervise you? Do you work hard and with enthusiasm? Remember that no matter whom you work for or who works for you, the one you ultimately should want to please is your Father in heaven.
A. WHAT IS SERVICE UNTO GOD?: To serve God is to serve others and is the greatest form of charity: the pure love of Christ. Jesus Christ said: A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.(John 13:34). Jesus said, “I am among you as he that serveth'” (Luke 22:27). As true followers of Jesus, we also must serve others. Service is helping others who need assistance. Christlike service grows out of genuine love for the Saviour and of love and concern for those whom He gives us opportunities and direction to help. It means you are doing something primarily for the benefit and goodwill of another person or group of people. When we serve, we look outside of ourselves, beyond our own problemns, and seek to bring value to
CLASS ACTIVITY 1: Is serving people the same as serving God? Explain.
B. HOW DO I SERVE GOD?
Perhaps you grew up with God and spiritual faith in your life, or you’re new to the experience. Regardless of where you are on your path of faith, there are plenty of ways you can serve God every day. From actively going out of your way to serve Him, to simply having love in your heart and being a good person; serving God can be done in almost every aspect of your life. So, how can I serve God?
1. —————————- : To start serving God, you have to discover who God is to you. Is your relationship with God something you fall back on in your time of need? Or is He someone you communicate with every day?
2. PRAY TO GOD: You don’t have to be in a church or on your knees to pray; you can just talk to God as a form of prayer. You can find specific prayers for almost any situation in your life, or you can simply ask God to help you with your problem, pray for guidance. peace, or any number of things that are on your mind.
3. STUDY YOUR BIBLE: Reading your bible, or whatever text is considered sacred in your religion is another form of prayer and service to God. Reading the text can give you guidance if you are feeling astray, it can inspire you, and even give you some lessons on how to serve God.
4. GIVE THANKS TO GOD: Remember to take moment sometimes and give thanks for what God has given you, or helped you get on your own.
5. GET STRENGTH FROM GOD: There’s a proverb about a single pair of footprints in the
sand during the worst points in your life. And the message of the proverb is that when you thought you were on your own during those hardest parts of your life, God carried you through. Serving God can come from letting him give you strength when you need it most by simply putting your faith in him.
6. ————————– : Maybe you have a friend who needs some help or is having a
hard time, or it’s someone you don’t know very well. Praying with them, if they’re open to it, or even for them can go a long way.
7. PRAY WITH YOUR FAMILY: A family that prays together stays together. Serving God
isn’t always an individual thing. When you and your family give thanks and all have faith, you are serving God together.
8. BE A MENTOR: You can serve God by being a mentor or positive role model to someone who may be younger than you, or even around your age.
9. GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO HELP SOMEONE IN NEED: You can always serve God by being the Good Samaritan. If you see someone in need try to help them.
10. START GOING TO CHURCH: What better way to serve God? Even if you are unable to go, you could always find a time or a couple of times like a week to quietly reflect, pray, and read your Bible.
11 ————————– : Tell other people about Him or invite them to church. Don’t be ashamed of God, He’s your creator.
12. STAY HUMBLE ABOUT YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Serving God doesn’t mean toting your accomplishments and good fortune. It means thanking Him for what he has blessed you with and remaining humble about it.
13. LET GOD INFORM YOUR ACTIONS: When you are frustrated or in a hurry to be somewhere or accomplish a task it can be easy to lose sight of how to serve God, but pause and think about how He would want you to act.
14. FORGIVE THOSE WHO HAVE WRONGED YOU
God is the ultimate forgiver. He forgives us of our sins and transgressions. And while forgiveness isn’t always easy when you’ve been wronged, this is one of the best ways to serve God, and in turn, yourself.
CLASS ACTIVITY 2: Explain Rom.1:9 and give examples.
LIFE APPLICATION: Remember a time when someone helped you out with something? Well, now it’s your turn. Do the same for someone who could use your help.
CONCLUSION: We aren’t to work while others watch, then slack off when alone. We are to render service as though we are working for God, who watches at all times.
* What is God saying in today’s lesson?
* How can I apply this to my life?
* My prayer points today: