RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023
AGE 9-12 TEACHER’S MANUAL
SUNDAY 23RD OF APRIL, 2023
LESSON THIRTY FOUR (34)
TOPIC: WALKING AND LIVING IN THE HOLY SPIRIT
BIBLE TEXT: Romans 8:9-14
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
MEMORY VERSE: Galatians 5:16, “This I say then, walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh”
LESSON AIM: To let the children know that they have to walk and live in the Spirit.
CENTRAL TRUTH: As believers we are to walk and live in the Spirit.
INTRODUCTION: Living in the Spirit describes our state of being in Christ in which we have God’s life, which His Holy Spirit impacts when we receive Christ. When we walk and live in the Spirit, we will not Succumb to the lust of the flesh.
A. WHAT IS LIVING IN SPIRIT
1. Living in the Spirit is to crucify the flesh and receive the Holy Spirit into our lives.
2. Living in the Spirit is to operate in the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
3. Living in the Spirit is to bear the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
B. HOW TO LIVE AND WALK IN THE SPIRIT
1. Accept Jesus Christ.
2. Receive the Holy Spirit.
3. Be baptized.
4. Live a righteous life.
5. Run away from the things of this world.
C. WHAT IS WALKING IN THE SPIRIT
1. Walking in the Spirit is to surrender to the leadership of the Holy Spirit.
2. Walking in the Spirit is the manner of life controlled by the Spirit. You need to allow the Holy Spirit control our minds, emotions, will, words, and actions
3. Walking in the Spirit is to take Holy Spirit as our senior partner.
D. BENEFITS OF LIVING AND WALKING IN SPIRIT
1. Blessing and protection
2. Abiding presence of God
3. Eternal glory with Christ
4. Fruitful lives
5. Overcoming the world
6. Flourish like palm tree( Psalm 92:12)
LIFE APPLICATION: As a child of God you must not walk in the flesh so as not to grieve the Holy Spirit
CONCLUSION: Living in the Spirit is about receiving the Holy Spirit into our lives. Walking in the Spirit is to be led by the Holy Spirit.
SUNDAY 1 Corinthians 1:29-31
MONDAY 1 Corinthians 2:1-5
TUESDAY 1 Corinthians 2:6-9
WEDNESDAY 1 Corinthians 2:10-16
THURSDAY 1 Corinthians 3:1-5
FRIDAY 1 Corinthians 3:6-9
SATURDAY 1 Corinthians 3:10-15