RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023
AGE 9-12 TEACHER’S MANUAL
SUNDAY 26TH OF MARCH, 2023
LESSON THIRTY (30)
*TOPIC: THE REVELATIONAL GIFT 2: DISCERNMENT OF SPIRIT
BIBLE TEXT: Acts 16:16-19
And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.
And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the marketplace unto the rulers
MEMORY VERSE: 1 John 4:1, “Beloved, believe not every spirit. but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many prophets are gone out into the word.”
LESSON AIM: To let the children know the importance of discernment of spirit
CENTRAL TRUTH: To test every spirit speaking through a person whether it is of God or not.
INTRODUCTION: Paul and Silas went to pray in a place and they encountered a young girl that had spirit of divination. Apostle Paul could discern she was not being used by the spirit and so he commanded the unclean spirit to come out of her and she was delivered. She could no longer be able to bring gain to her master through divination.
A. WHAT IS DISCERNMENT OF SPIRIT?
1. This is a supernatural ability enabled by God’s Holy Spirit that allows a person to determine the source of a spirit manifestation whether it emanates from God, the devil, world or man.
2. This is a spiritual gift that God gives to believers in order recognize lying spirits and to identify deceptive and erroneous doctrines.
B. THE PURPOSE OF THE GIFT OF DISCERNMENT
1. Detect Spirits. 1 John 4:1-3, 2 Cor. 11:13-15.
2. Expose Deceivers. Romans 16:17-18, Jeremiah 29:8-9
3. Save the Deceived. Matthew 24:11-13, John 10:10-13.
C. THE KEYS TO RECEIVING THE GIFT OF DISCERNMENT
1. Walking in the Spirit, Galatians 5:16
2. Denying our Flesh through prayer and fasting. Matthew 17:21.
3. Studying the Voice of God through his Word. Romans 10:17.
4. Humble yourself before God
5. Have the right motive
6. Ask for the infilling of the Holy Spirit
7. Live a Holy Life
D. BIBLICAL EXAMPLES
1. Judgment between the two harlots, King Solomon was able to discerned the owner of the child.(1 King 3:9)
2. Slave girl using spirit divination(Acts 16:16-19)
3. Sanballat and Tobiah plot detected (Nehemiah 6:9-13)
LIFE APPLICATION. As children of God pray that Holy Spirit should let you discern.
CONCLUSION: This gift gives us information about the presence or absence of Holy Spirit.
SUNDAY ROMANS 12:20-21
MONDAY ROMANS 13:1-5
TUESDAY ROMANS 13:6-10
WEDNESDAY ROMANS 13:11-14
THURSDAY ROMANS 14:1-5
FRIDAY ROMANS 14:6-10
SATURDAY ROMANS 14:11-14
Subscribe to Blog via Email