RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023
AGE 9-12 TEACHER’S MANUAL
SUNDAY 9TH OF FEBRUARY, 2023
LESSON TWENTY FIVE (25)
TOPIC: REVISION 4/SUMMARY
– Revise the previous lesson with the children
– Ask them questions to ensure lessons have been well understood.
– Tell your class to review the previous lessons during the week before the revision
*SUMMARY OF LESSONS 20-24*
*LESSON TWENTY (20)*
*TOPIC: PEACE LIKE A RIVER*
*BIBLE TEXT: Ephesians 2:13-19*
MEMORY VERSE: John 14:27, “Peace l leave with you, my peace l give unto you:not as the world giveth, I give I unto to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
LESSON AIM: To let the children know that peace is a fruit of The Holy Spirit.
CENTRAL TRUTH: It is God that gives peace through His Holy Spirit.
INTRODUCTION: Fear, anxiety and worry are the three killer diseases of our generation and there are only few people that are free from their grip. Thanks be to our Lord Jesus Christ who through The Holy Spirit has given peace to all His children. For peace is a state of calmness or quiet, it also means absence of war or trouble. God is the giver of Peace.
A. GOD IS THE GIVER OF PEACE THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT
1. He gives everlasting peace. Ezekiel 37:26
2. He brings peace to a world of turmoil -Luke 2:8-14
3. He speaks the word of peace- Mark 4:35-39
4. Jesus Christ through The Holy Spirit made peace between us and God the father. Eph 2:13-14
B HOW TO HAVE PEACE OF MIND (Philipians 4:6-7)
1. Accept Jesus Christ as LORD and Saviour.
2. Be prayerful
3. Commit everything into the hands of God
4. Be thankful
5. Don’t be anxious about anything
6. Know that all things work together for good
7. Seek peace and pursue it
C. DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN A PEACE MAKER AND A BULLY
A peacemaker is one who is actively trying to reconcile people to God and to another.
A peacemaker is one who tries to create harmony or make peace among people.
A person who restores peace especially by settling disputes.
A bully is a person who habitually seeks to harm or intimidates those whom perceive as vulnerable.
A bully is a person who harasses, abuses, intimidates or coerces people especially those with less power than they have or those considered weaker.
D. JESUS PRINCE OF PEACE
1. Restores broken relationship
2. Restores us back to God
3. He mediated between us and God
4. Calms the storm of our lives
E. IMPORTANCE OF PEACE
1. So that we can have eternal life -Hebrews 12:14
2. Assurance of salvation
3.We will be known as God’s children- Matthew 5:9
4. Fulfillment of destiny
5. Gospel will have a smooth sail
6. There will be progress
7.There will be unity
F. HOW CAN YOU LOOSE YOUR PEACE
1. Anxiety- Philippians 4:6-7
2. Lack of faith
4. Lack of trust
5. Not accepting Jesus Christ as LORD and Saviour
LIFE APPLICATION: A life without Holy Spirit cannot have Peace.
CONCLUSION: Jesus is the Prince of Peace and He says in John 14:27, that He will give you Peace but to receive His Peace you need to come to Him. Receive Him into your life ,then He will take away all troubles and sorrow. Call on Him today, receive Him into your life and He will give you Peace. If you have already received Him, tell others about Him, So that they too can receive Him and also enjoy His Everlasting Peace, Isaiah 26:3 says God will keep you in perfect Peace as you trust in Him. He is our source of Peace; He gave you Jesus who is the Prince of Peace. Isaiah 48:22 says no Peace for the wicked repent from your Sinful way accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and begin to enjoy the abundant Peace of God.
INVITATION: The prince of peace is calling you today, surrender your life to Him.