Support the Good work on this Blog
RCCG LOWER JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023 AGE 6-8 TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 18TH OF SEPTEMBER 2022
LESSON THREE (3)
TOPIC: GOD THE SON
BIBLE TEXT: Matthew 16:13-20
When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
MEMORY VERSE: Psalm 2:7 “I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have begotten thee.”
LESSON AIM: The children will not only know who Jesus is but also learn to share Him with others
CHILD-RELATED TRUTH: God wants you to tell others who Jesus is.
ALL RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL FOR TODAY
- RCCG LOWER JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023 AGE 6-8 TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 18TH OF SEPTEMBER 2022 LESSON THREE (3)
- RCCG LOWER JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023 AGE 4-5 TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 18TH OF SEPTEMBER 2022 LESSON THREE (3)
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023 AGE 13-19 STUDENTS’ MANUAL SUNDAY 18TH OF SEPTEMBER, 2022 LESSON THREE (3)
- RCCG YAYA SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 18TH OF SEPTEMBER 2022 LESSON THREE (03)
- RCCG YAYA SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL SUNDAY 18TH OF SEPTEMBER 2022 LESSON THREE (03)
- RCCG HOUSE FELLOWSHIP LEADERS’ MANUAL DATE: SUNDAY 18TH SEPTEMBER 2022 LESSON: 03
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023 AGE 9-12 TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 18TH OF SEPTEMBER 2022
Children! Have you ever heard people say things about Jesus that did not sound true? What kinds of ideas do some people have about who He was and what He did on earth? (Give room for answers). A long time ago before Jesus came to earth as a man, people had been waiting for God’s promised Savior for many years. Unfortunately, when Jesus came, a lot of people did not recognize Him as the Son of God.
Jesus at a point thought that His disciples should realize who He was, but they had also likely heard other people talk about Him and might wonder what the truth was. So Jesus asked them questions about His identity.
PROGRESSION OF EVENT: MATTHEW 16:13-20
1. When Jesus was on earth, people often speculated and sometimes got confused about who He was.
2. When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man
3. They replied, and said, some say You are John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets
4. Jesus asked them specifically, “who do you think” I Am?
GOSPEL CONNECTION: Who do you think Jesus is? Jesus is the perfect Son of God who shed His lifeblood for your sins to be forgiven. Jesus came into this world as a baby, grew up, and went about doing God’s work. Wicked people killed Him on the cross. Jesus died and was buried but resurrected on the third day and now lives in heaven. At this time, people did not know about Jesus or what He came to do on earth.
CLIMAX: Peter acknowledged Jesus as the Messiah, Savior and Redeemer, Son of the living God
CONCLUSION: Jesus acknowledged that Simon Peter had not seen who Jesus was because of what someone else said, but because of what God clearly announced.
CHALLENGE: And you, do you know who Jesus is? As a child who trusts in Jesus, and knows who He is, and what He did, you can and should rejoice in that knowledge. He is the fulfillment of God’s promises to us. The Son of God, and God Himself. We can have utter faith in that, and have the urge to tell other people about Him, too!
INVITATION: The only way you can tell others about Jesus is to know and accept Him as Lord and Saviour (John 1v12)
SUNDAY – ACTS 2:30-33
MONDAY – ACTS 2:34-36
TUESDAY – ACTS 2:37-39
WEDNESDAY – ACTS 2:40-43
THURSDAY – ACTS 2:44-47
FRIDAY – ACTS 3:1-3
SATURDAY – ACTS 3:4-6