RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL
DATE: SUNDAY 12TH MARCH 2023
*SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN*
*1.* O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
*2.* O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Thy friend friendship suits me well,
Both young and will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
*3.* O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
*4.* O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee
*5.* O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds be black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
*6.* O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today
Without my being blest?
MEMORY VERSE: “Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life”. — Proverbs 4:23(NKJV)
BIBLE PASSAGE: MATTHEW 5:13-16
13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Habit may be defined as a settled or regular tendency or practice, especially one that is hard to give up. It is also referred to as a “Dress,” Custom”or Dwelling”. It can also be termed as a routine of behavior that is repeated regularly and tends to occur subconsciously. Habit can be positive or negative.
1. DEFINED BY YOUR HABITS
2. HABIT FORMATION AND CONTROL
DEFINED BY YOUR HABITS
Habits are expressed in the way you wear clothes, sleep, eat, etc. Every habit you pick up is something you have developed in the mind, in your conscious and subconscious state (Prov. 23:7). The things that you consistently do on a daily basis determine your body shape, strength, and stamina, as well as many other things.
According to *Joshua 1:8,* your success s in your habits. Jesus kept to the habit of preaching (Matt. 4:17), praying (Lk. 5:16), reading (Lk.4:16), and fasting (Mk. 9:28-29, Matt. 4:2).
Habits can either make or break your chances of achieving your lifestyle goals as well as increasing quality of life and promoting longevity. Some of the sicknesses and negative things you attribute to the devil are also traceable to your habit. An unhealthy habit could be fear like Job’s, fornication like Samson’s, negative pronouncement like Balaam’s, irresponsibility like Adam’s, personality defects like Moses’, or adultery like David’s. The consistency of your habit turn to your behavior.
HABIT FORMATION AND CONTROL
During childhood, habits are picked up from parents, caregivers, friends, teachers, or society. However, forming a habit may include the following stages:
1. CUE: this is where the mind is consciously analysing your internal and external environment for hints of where rewards are located. Like what information, business, or idea we bring rewards. When you cue on the word of God, ideas for good success drop into your spirit (Joshua1:8).
2. CRAVING: The que is the first indication that you are close to a reward, it naturally leads to a craving. Cravings are the motivational force that may lead to forming a new habit. What you crave is the reward it delivers (Philippians 3:10)
3. RESPONSE: This is the actual habit you perform, which can take the form of a thought or an action (Proverbs 23:7).
4. REWARD: This is where you get addicted to a habit. There are two rewards system here: it’s satisfies your craving and then it teaches you to come back (James 1:14-15)
If a behaviour does not complete this stages, is it will not become a habit. Without the first three steps, a behaviour will not occur. Without all four, a behaviour will not be repeated.
Therefore, to get rid of bad habits, carefully take the following steps:
1. Identify your triggers
2. Focuses on why you want to change
3. Enlist accountability partners
4. Practice self control
5. Replace the habit with a good one
6. Leave yourself reminders
Spiritually, what really needs to be done is to yield to the leading of the Holy Spirit
1. What is the relationship between one’s habit and well being
2. Mention the four stages of habit formation.