Subscribe to Blog via Email
OPEN HEAVEN 28 OCTOBER 2020 WEDNESDAY:
TOPIC: ENDURE SOUND DOCTRINE OPEN HEAVEN 28 OCTOBER 2020
MEMORIZE: Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 2 TIMOTHY 4:2
OPEN HEAVEN 28 OCTOBER 2020 BIBLE READING MARK 12:18-34
18. Then come unto him the Sadducees, which say there is no resurrection; and they asked him, saying,
19. Master, Moses wrote unto us, lf a man’s brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
20. Now there were seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and dying left no seed.
21. And the second took her, and died, neither left he any seed: and the third likewise.
22. And the seven had her, and left no seed: last of all the woman died also.
23. In the resurrection therefore, when they shall rise, whose wife shall she be of them? for the seven had her to wife.
24. And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?
25. For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.
26. And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?
27. He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.
28. And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
29. And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30. And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
32. And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
33. And to love him with all the heart, and the with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
34. And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.
GOOD MORNING BELOVED,
If you are visiting this platform for the first time, please save this website OPENHEAVEN.NET on your device to ease your next visit. Hymnal, Bible Reading & Other helpful clickable links below. God bless you!
OPEN HEAVEN 28 OCTOBER 2020 MESSAGE
Today, there are diverse kinds of doctrines. It is not surprising because Jesus had warned that many false prophets would arise in the last days (Matthew 24:24).
Apostle Paul also warned against these false ministers in 2 Corinthians 11:14-15 Erroneous doctrines on grace, tithing, same-sex marriage and many more have become common place in Christendom today.
Usually, these false teachings sound very logical and are backed by a wrong interpretation of the Scripture.
However, Christians who have the Holy Spirit in them can discern between sound and false doctrines.
May you not be deceived in the mighty name of Jesus.
It is easy to fall prey to these teachers if you only want to serve God in pleasure and convenience.
Imagine a fornicator who wants to repent, meeting a Pastor who tells him that as long as he only commits the sin once in a while, the grace of God covers him.
Such a Pastor would not mention the fact that in Matthew 5:28, Jesus said:
“But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.”
If such a person is not careful, he might find out too late that all fornicators, whether regular or occasional are going to hell.
Convenience or a semblance of the truth should never be your motivation for adopting a doctrine.
1 Corinthians 14:26 says that the purpose of doctrines is edification. They nourish your spirit man.
Every godly doctrine must align with the word of God and you should be at peace when you practise it, if not, it is not a true doctrine of Christ.
While it is fine to learn from someone else’s perspective on God’s word, stop depending solely on other peoples interpretation.
Read the Bible and ask the Holy Spirit to interpret His word to you directly.
There is no revelation more impactful than the one you receive first-hand from Christ Himself (1 John 2:27).
OPEN HEAVEN 28 OCTOBER 2020 PRAYER POINT
Father, please help me know and stay in Your truth.
FROM THE TEAM: Thank you for reading today’s Open Heaven 28 October 2020, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please, share with someone on Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram and other social media platforms using the social buttons at the beginning or scroll to the end of this post. Have a good day! #RemainRapturable
PREVIOUS DAY: OPEN HEAVENS 27 OCTOBER 2020
OPEN HEAVEN 28 OCTOBER 2020 HYMN
- RCCG Fasting Prayers
- RCCG HOLY GHOST CONGRESS
- RCCG HOLY GHOST CONVENTION
- RCCG House Fellowship
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL TEACHER'S
- RCCG Live Service
- rccg messages
- RCCG News
- RCCG Prayer Point
- RCCG SHILOH HOUR
- RCCG Sunday School Manual
- THE PRAYER CHAIN MINISTRY
MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE
1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away;
O let me from this day
Be wholly Thine.
2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire;
As Thou hast died for me,
O may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire.
3. While life’s dark maze | tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.
4. When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll, Blest Saviour, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
O bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul.
OPEN HEAVEN 28 OCTOBER 2020 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: JOHN 11:1-57