Subscribe to Blog via Email
RCCG 2020/2021 ZEAL (AGE 13-19) TEENS TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 4TH OF APRIL, 2021 LESSON THIRTY ONE (31)
TOPIC: DISCIPLE THE SHEEP
- RCCG Fasting Prayers
- RCCG HOLY GHOST CONGRESS
- RCCG HOLY GHOST CONVENTION
- RCCG House Fellowship
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL TEACHER'S
- RCCG Live Service
- rccg messages
- RCCG News
- RCCG Prayer Point
- RCCG SHILOH HOUR
- RCCG Sunday School Manual
- THE PRAYER CHAIN MINISTRY
BIBLE TEXT: Matt 28:19-20
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
MEMORY VERSE: Acts 14:22″Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God”
HYMN FOR TODAY:
Go and tell of the good tidings. Hymn 277
LESSON AIM: To teach the teens how to disciple people.
CENTRAL TRUTH: You can be a channel of blessing to…
[9:09 PM, 4/3/2021] Paycheap System service: RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER’S MANUAL
MAIDEN SPECIAL FOR YOUNG ADULTS AND YOUTHS (YAYA)
SUNDAY 4TH APRIL 2021
TOPIC: A PURPOSE-DRIVEN LIFE (PT2)
NOTE: SPECIAL 3RD QUARTER LESSONS FOR YOUNG ADULTS AND YOUTHS.
Please be informed that the idea of the special Quater 3 lessons for YAYA is to deal extensively with issues/subjects peculiar to YOUTHS and needed for their well-being as Christians.
1. All Youth Parishes should SWITCH completely to the lessons dedicated to YOUTHS throughout the 3rd quarter.
2. Parishes with special classes for YOUTHS should allow the youth classes SWITCH completely to the lessons dedicated to YOUTHS throughout the 3rd quarter while the rest of the church continues with the regular 3rd quarter for ADULTS.
3. Other Parishes without special classes for YOUTHS should re-group the members of the church and create a special class for the Youth so that the youths of the parish can SWITCH completely to the lessons dedicated to YOUTHS throughout the 3rd quarter while the rest of the church continues with the regular 3rd quarter for ADULTS.
Father, please let your will be done in my life
MEMORY VERSE: “Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of Him who prospers in his ways, Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass”. — Psalm 37:7 (NKJV)
BIBLE PASSAGE: PHILIPPIANS 3:7-14
But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ.
Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ
and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which [is] from the law, but that which [is] through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;
that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,
if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing [I do,] forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Today, many people, especially youths has been misled by those who have possessions, wealth, fame, glamour etc. Regardless of the source or process (Psalm 37:1-2). There is a serious misconception about what life is and the purpose for living. Some youths model their lives after those referred to as celebrities, magnets, business moguls, etc who ‘preach’ that all that is about life is to make money. Youth must avoid these misconception, rediscover themselves, put their trust in God (Psalm 37:7) and enjoy the benefits of living a purpose driven life.
TEXT REVIEW: PHILIPPIANS 3:7-14
A. Paul, the Apostle, admits that those things were gain (worldly pursuits and achievements) to him.
i. He counts loss for Christ…… V7
ii. He also counts all things loss for….. V8a
iii. He counts them as rubbish……. V8b
B. Paul says he made this decision so that he may gain Christ and:
i. ……………………………….. 9
ii. ………………………………… V10
C. His expectation is that: ………. V11
D. Paul also acknowledges that:
i. ………………………………. V12
ii. ………………………………. V13
E. Paul says he is ……….. V14
1. MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT THE PURPOSE FOR LIVING
2. BENEFITS OF LIVING A PURPOSE-DRIVEN LIFE
MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT THE PURPOSE FOR LIVING
a. The view of many people in the world about the purpose for living contradicts God’s plan for mankind.
b. Man is naturally self-centered and wants to live for himself.
c. The natural (unregenerated) man considers everything in possession and achievement (Luke 12:13-21). This includes his spouse, the children, land, houses, education, status, power, fame, titles, etc. (Matthew 6:31-32; 19:27-30).
d. The unregenerated man can take advantage of people or even kill in order to possess these things (James 4:1-3).
e. The Bible calls it the lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh and the pride of life ( 1John 2:15-17).
f. Greed, corruption, wars and killings are all the ways of the natural man: all for selfish gains (1Timothy 6:10; Ecclesiastes 5:10).
B. Teacher should point the attention of the class to the position of the Bible and that our Lord Jesus admonishes believers to be careful because a man’s life doesn’t the abundance of the things he possesses (Luke 12:15).
Teacher should counsel that:
a. Youth should not be selfish in their drive to posses material things at the expense of God’s plan or will for their lives ( Jeremiah 29:11).
b. Life is not about a pursuance of wealth, fame, power, etc, rather, it is about keying into one’s divine mandate and purpose for living (Romans 14:17; Matthew 6:33).
c. Youth should avoid ‘get-rich-quick’ syndrome or inordinate affections for material possessions (Proverbs 13:11; Ecclesiastes 5:10).
d. Only by restoring fellowship with God through faith in Jesus Christ can purpose in life be rediscovered (Ecclesiastes 12:12-13).
CLASS ACTIVITY 1
Share with the rest of the class an experience of misplaced priority in life.
BENEFITS OF LIVING A PURPOSE-DRIVEN LIFE
A. Teacher should emphasis the fact that our purpose in life as God originally created man is:
a. To glorify God
b. To enjoy fellowship with God
c. To have good fellowships with others
d. To work and have dominion over the earth.
B. The benefit of discovering or rediscover your purpose of living as a youth include the followings:
1. It gives meaning to your life. We were made to have meaning. Without God, life has no purpose and without purpose, life had no meaning. Without meaning, life has no significance or hope (Jeremiah 29:11; Ephesians 3:20).
2. It simplifies your life. It divines what you do and what you do not do. Your purpose becomes the standard you use to evaluate which activities are essential and which are not (Proverbs 13:7; Isaiah 26:3).
3. It keeps focused in life. It concentrate your efforts and energy on what is important. You become effective by being selective. Without a clear purpose, you will keep changing directions, jobs, relationships, churches etc (Ephesians 5:17). Apostle Paul almost single-handedly spread Christianity through the Romans Empire. His secret was a focused life ( Philippians 3:13, 15).
4. It motivates you. Purpose always produces passion and passion dissipates when you lack purpose. Nothing energises like a clear purpose (Philippians 3:10-12).
5. It prepares you for eternity. What ultimately matters most is what God says about you. A wise use of time is to build an eternal legacy because you are put here on earth to prepare for eternity (Romans 14:10b; Romans 4:12; Revelation 22:12).
CLASS ACTIVITY 2
Imagine that you are confronted with the philosophical question of what am I on earth for? What would be your response?
Christian youths should avoid the misconception of living for the wrong reasons.
A purpose-driven life is fulfilling your divine purpose of existence and to answer a fundamental question about life; why am I here on earth?
Father, please help me to live to the praise and glory of your name.
Look around you and list five (5) ungodly things some youth do, to get quick wealth.