RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL AGE 13-19 TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 14TH OF AUGUST 2022 LESSON FIFTY (50)
TOPIC: CHRIST SECOND COMING
BIBLE TEXT: Acts 1:9-11; 2 Pet 3: 3-10
ALL RCCG MANUALS FOR TODAY
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL AGE 13-19 TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 14TH OF AUGUST 2022 LESSON FIFTY (50)
- RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENTS’ MANUAL SUNDAY 14TH OF AUGUST 2022 LESSON FIFTY (50)
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL AGE 13-19 STUDENTS’ MANUAL SUNDAY 14TH OF AUGUST 2022
- RCCG LOWER JUNIOR ZEAL AGE 6-8 TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 14TH OF AUGUST 2022 LESSON FIFTY (50)
- RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS’ MANUAL SUNDAY 14TH OF AUGUST 2022 LESSON FIFTY (50)
- RCCG LOWER JUNIOR ZEAL AGE 4-5 TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 14TH OF AUGUST 2022 LESSON FIFTY (50)
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL AGE 9-12 TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 14TH OF AUGUST 2022 LESSON FIFTY (50)
And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
2 Peter 3:3-10
Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
HYMN FOR TODAY: How great thou art.
MEMORY VERSE: For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first’ 1 Thessalonians 4:16
LESSON AIM: At the end of this study, the teens should know about the second coming of Jesus Christ
CENTRAL TRUTH: Jesus Christ is coming again, be prepared.
INTRODUCTION: The life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ was to fulfill God’s plan for mankind. The only way God could reconcile us back to him after man fell in the garden of eden was to send Jesus to come and die for our sins. He was the perfect sacrifice that could take away the sins of the whole world.
So, He came and He is with God in heaven now, but he has one more purpose to fulfill in our lives to complete the work of reconciliation. He is coming back to take us to live with Him in heaven. John 14:3. This news was given to his
disciples that were with him in Jerusalem 40 days after his resurrection.
There are special days in our lives that we look forward to: birthdays, graduation days, wedding day, etc. You would have had great expectations towards these special days. Another day that we should be expecting is the day the bible teaches that Jesus will return. How are you prepared.
Facts about the second coming of Jesus Christ:
1. No one knows the day or the time. Matthew 24:36.
2. On that day, the dead in Christ will rise. 1 Thessalonians 4:1 6.
3. Every eye will see Him when He comes. Revelation 1:7.
4. Those alive and ready will be caught up with Him in the air. 1 Thessalonians 4:17.
5. He will come unannounced. 2 Peter 3:10.
6. It shall be a day of recompensing. Revelation 22:12.
7. His second coming will be a mourning time, a time of devastation for those not prepared including sleeping Christians.
8. It will be a day of joy for the saints.
9. A day of revelation. 2 Thess 1:7.
10. His second coming will mark the beginning of the millennium.
Let us consider some things that will happen before He comes:
So, when we see them happening, they will remind us that He is still coming
Read Matt. 24:3-15 and put the signs of Jesus coming into categories:
1. The Signs of our Physical world. Matt 24:7, Luke 21:11
2. The Decadence in our Society. Matthew 24:12, 2 Timothy 3:1-5
3. The Spiritual Signs. Positive signs: Matthew 24:14, Joel 2:28-32. Negative signs: Matthew 24:5, 1 Timothy 4:1, Matthew 24:9
4. Increase in Knowledge: Daniel 12:4
The Rapture Vs the Second Coming of Jesus:
The rapture will happen before the second coming of Jesus. Rapture is the sudden cut off of the children of God to meet the Lord in the air 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17. At rapture, the dead in Christ will rise first, and those who are alive will be changed and cutoff to meet the Lord in the air. The purpose of the rapture is to remove the true children of God from the world before the tribulation and era of the antichrist.
The second coming is the coming of Jesus after the tribulation to judge the World and establish the millennial reign. Revelation 20:1-7.
Live ready, Jesus is coming back:
Are you ready for the rapture? If the trumpet sounds today, are you going with Him? Jesus is coming and His reward is with Him to give to every man according as his work shall be. Hold fast to that which you have and don’t let any man take your crown. Revelation 3:11
LIFE APPLICATION: Carefully examine your life, repent and do away with anything that will make you miss the rapture of the saints and your mansion in heaven.
CONCLUSION: Jesus is coming back and it is very soon. Are you ready?
ATTENTION: Next week is Revision Day and the following week is Quiz and Interactive Day. Let us read up our past lessons and prepare for the revision and the quiz with our teens. God bless you.
Ask them – What is God saying in today’s lesson?
How can they apply this to their lives?
Let them put their prayer points here: