LESSON TWENTY (20)
TOPIC: PEACE LIKE A RIVER
BIBLE TEXT: Isaiah 66:12
For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.
MEMORY VERSE: Galatians 5:22 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith.”
LESSON AIM: At the end of this study, teenagers will understand that Peace like a river is experienced in Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit.
CENTRAL TRUTH: God gives Peace like a river through the Holy Spirit.
INTRODUCTION: Even though we live in a world full of war, insecurity, violence, and uncertainty, God has promised to give us peace like a river in the midst of it all. Peace is said to be a state of tranquility, quiet, and harmony; absence of violence. When we look at the river, it follows its course moving around obstacles such as rocks, tree stumps, and even carrying boats and other objects yet none is able to stop it. Also, the peace God gives us, flows continuously despite the obstacles and challenges in our life.
A.) WHAT IS PEACE LIKE A RIVER?
1. It is Peace in abundance. 2 Thessalonians 3:16
2. It is Peace as a result of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Galatians 5:22, Romans 8:6
3. It is Peace that is unstoppable. Isaiah 55:12
4. It is Peace anchored on Christ constantly fed by God. Acts 17:28, John 14:27
5. It is Peace that requires obedience to God. Isaiah 48:18
6. It is Peace guaranteed. John 16:33
B.) HOW TO EXPERIENCE PEACE LIKE A RIVER
1. Be born again. John 3:3
2. Do not be anxious, Phìlippians 4:6-7
3. Set your mind on the Spirit. Romans 8:6
4. Believe in God. Isaiah 26:3
5. Casting all your cares on Him. 1 Peter 5:7
6. Obedience to God. Isaiah 48:I8
7. Prayer. Luke 18:1
LIFE APPLICATION: The absence of fear brings the presence of Peace, Jesus Christ is the true source of peace like a river. Come unto him today and begin to enjoy peace like a river, even in time of storm he will be there with you to give you
CONCLUSION: Peace like a river cannot be experienced in our own strength, because the World is not at peace but once we have the Holy spirit dwelling in us, we can be in peace trusting that God is able to bring calmness to whatever we are going through.
Ask them – What is God saying in today’s lesson?
How can they apply this to their lives?
Let them put their prayer points here: