Subscribe to Blog via Email
RCCG TEENS TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 6TH OF DECEMBER, 2020
LESSON FOURTEEN (14)
TOPIC: RECIPROCATE GOD’S LOVE
- RCCG Fasting Prayers
- RCCG HOLY GHOST CONGRESS
- RCCG HOLY GHOST CONVENTION
- RCCG House Fellowship
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL TEACHER'S
- RCCG Live Service
- rccg messages
- RCCG News
- RCCG Prayer Point
- RCCG SHILOH HOUR
- RCCG Sunday School Manual
- THE PRAYER CHAIN MINISTRY
BIBLE PASSAGE: Deut.6 5; Mark 12:30; Isaiah 49:8-10
And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might
And they send unto him certain of the Pharisees and of the Herodians, to catch him in his words.
Thus saith the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;
That thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Shew yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places.
They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them.
RCCG TEENS TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 6TH OF DECEMBER 2020
Deut.6:5 “And thou shalt love the LORD thy
God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul,
and with all thy might”.
HYMN FOR TODAY:
Trust and obey – Hymn 409
LESSON AIM: To better understand God’s love and how to reciprocate his love.
CENTRAL TRUTH: God’s love is our anchor as believers.
INTRODUCTION: To reciprocate means to “give in return”, to “respond”, to “give back”, or to “reply”. In the context of Biblical love (agape love), reciprocation is a necessity else genuine love does not exist in the relationship. However, before we can reciprocate God’s love, we need to have an understanding of His love. The love of God is the unconditional affection of God towards mankind. Most importantly, it is the kind of love that can only be exhibited by God Himself. No man in the natural descent can love like God. The love of God is one of the characteristic natures of God that makes Him greater than every other god.
A. What does it mean to reciprocate God’s love?
To reciprocate God’s love simply means to love God back the way we should with the understanding of his ability in us. God’s love can never be reciprocated carnally because a carnal love would always be faulty. God’s love is divine.
B. How to reciprocate God’s love?
1. By accepting His love. We must reciprocate this amazing love that God has shown us and just give Him a place in our hearts! John 1:12
2. By keeping His commandments – John 14:15, 21,23.
3. By living for God. Gal 2:20. Living a life sold out in total surrender to the one who loves us more than we love ourselves -2 Cor 5:14-1
4. By showing love to those He loves, having at heart that it was out of love for His children that He allowed Himself to be crucified – Eph.5:2, 4:2; 1 John 3:16.
5 By giving – John 3:16. For God so loved, He gave. We reciprocate His love by giving to Him. Giving Him our resources, ability, talent, time, etc. Spending time with the one who loves us is another way to reciprocate His love – Matt 25:35-40
6. By letting his love constrain/restrain us. 2 Cor 5:14-15
7. Letting other people know about His love. Preaching the Gospel – John 21:15-17
8. Through worship – Ps. 29:2
INVITATION/APPLICATION: God showed His love to us while we were sinners by giving up His only begotten Son. He doesn’t ask for any other
thing from us than to reciprocate this love. Get your mind together and fellowship, give, obey and consecrate yourself more.
CONCLUSION: Always know that God has given you the ability to love Him the more. You can always pray to God to help you love Him the more. Phil. 1:9-10.
1. What is God saying in the text?
2. How can I apply this to my life?
My Prayer point for the lesson:
Father, help me to show you my love in return.