Subscribe to Blog via Email
JUNIOR ZEAL (AGES: 9-12) TEACHER’S MANUAL 21ST OF FEBRUARY, 2021 LESSON TWENTY-FIVE (25)
TOPIC: REVISION 4
•Revise the previous lessons with the Children.
•Ask them questions to ensure lessons have been well understood.
•Tell your class to review the previous lessons during the wee before the revision day.
SUMMARY OF LESSONS 20-21
LESSON TWENTY (20)
TOPIC: PRAISE GOD ALWAYS
BIBLE TEXT: Hebrews 13:15
MEMORY VERSE: Psalms 34:1 “I will bless the LORD at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth.”
LESSON AIM: To let children know the importance of praising God.
CENTRAL TRUTH: Praise brings down God’s presence.
INTRODUCTION: We should not relent in offering praises to God especially because of what He has done for us. The text we read calls praise a sacrifice. It is giving thanks to God especially because of what He has done for us by offering His son Jesus Christ as a sacrifice for our sins. This sacrifice of praise should be offered continually, without stopping or ending. This is the only way we can appreciate God for all He has done for us. The goodness of God should be our confession all the time.
A: WHAT IS PRAISE?
1. Praising God is thanking and adoring the heavenly father for His goodness and grace.
2. Thanking God for who He is.
3. It is proclaiming the greatness of God to others in joy and excitement.
4. Response of worship.
5. Giving God the glory He deserves.
B: WHY WE SHOULD PRAISE GOD:
1. He is worthy. Psalm 145:3
2. He is good. Psalm 135
3. He is faithful. 1 Corinthians 1:9
4. God inhabits the atmosphere of praise. Psalm 22:4
5. He is our creator. Psalm 148:5
6. It is a command. Psalm 146
C: WHO IS TO PRAISE GOD?
1. Everything that has breath. Psalm 150:6
2. Ministers of God. Psalm 134:2
C: HOW TO PRAISE GOD:
1. Singing songs. Psalm 100:2, Psalm 126:2
2. Singing hymns. Matthew 26:30, Matthew 14:26
3. Dancing. 2 Samuel 6:16
4. Clapping hands. Psalm 47:1
5. Worshipping Him even in our hearts and mind. Deuteronomy 6:5
6. Singing Psalms. Colossians 3:16
7. Testimony. Revelation 12:11, Psalm 19:7
E: BENEFITS DERIVED FROM PRAISING GOD:
1. Praise invites the presence of God. 2 Chronicles 5:11-14
2. Praise brings victory. 2 Chronicles 20:15-20
3. Praise brings deliverance from enemies. Psalm 18:3
4. Praise satisfies the soul. Psalm 63:1-5
5. Praise repels depression. Isaiah 61:3
6. Praise brings liberty. Acts 16:25-26
7. Praise brings joy. Psalm 100:4, 16:11
8. Praise draws men to God. John 12:32
9. Praise strengthens our faith. Romans 4:20
10. Praise brings us closer to God. James 4:8
RCCG THIS WEEK
CONCLUSION: God inhabits the praises of His people.
INVITATION: For you to praise God enough you must have an encounter with Jesus Christ.
ACTIVITY: Mention 5 (five) biblical characters that were engaged in praise.
LIFE APPLICATION: You should offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually. Use all means and opportunities you have to praise God.
LESSON TWENTY-ONE (21)
TOPIC: HATE EVIL (SIN)
BIBLE TEXT: Genesis 39:1-10
MEMORY VERSE: 1 Thessalonians 5.22 “Abstain from all appearance of evil.”
LESSON AIM: To let children know that sin is evil.
CENTRAL TRUTH: God hates evil.
INTRODUCTION: Joseph was a young boy who was sold into slavery by his brothers because of jealousy but when he got to Potiphar’s house, God prospered him so much that his master’s wife cast her eyes on him. He refused to lie with his master’s wife even after making so much advances to him. He kept himself pure by refusing to disobey God and his master and was later made the prime minister of Egypt.
A: BIBLICAL EXAMPLES OF EVIL:
1. Hands that shed innocent blood. Proverbs 1:16
2. A heart that devices wicked plans. Proverbs 6:18
3. Feet that make haste to run to evil.
4. False witness. Deuteronomy 5:20
5. Love of money. 1 Timothy 6:10
6. Watching pornographic films.
7. All unrighteousness. Isaiah 55:7
8. One who saws discord among brothers. Proverbs 6:19
9. Idolatry. 1 Corinthians 10:14
10.The work of the flesh. Galatians 5:19-21
B: CONSEQUENCES OF SIN OR EVIL:
1. It brings eternal death sentence to unbelievers. Romans 6:23
2. Sicknesses and diseases. 2 Chronicles 21:14-15
3. Unanswered prayers. Isaiah 59:1-3
4. Failures. Joshua 7:1-5
5. Demotion and stagnation. 1 Samuel 2:29-30
6. Pain and sorrow. Ecclesiastes 2:26
7. Sin brings shame. Proverbs 14:34
C: HOW TO OVERCOME EVIL?
1. Fear of God. Proverbs 1:7, Proverbs 3:7
2. Love of God. Deuteronomy 6:5
3. Bear the fruit of the Holy Spirit. Galatians 5:22-23
4. Be Spirit filled. Ephesians 5:18
5. Meditate on God’s word. Joshua 1:8, Psalm 1:3
6. Be prayerful. 1 Thessalonians 5:17
7. Live a holy life. 1 Peter 1:16
8. Be consecrated. 2 Timothy 2:21
CONCLUSION: A wise person will depart from evil.
INVITATION: You can only hate all evil if you have an encounter with Jesus Christ.
ACTIVITY: Mention 5 (five) things that God hates.
LIFE APPLICATION: Like Joseph you must flee every appearance of evil. Let the class talk about various temptations they have experienced and how they shall deal with it, e.g. Lying, Exam malpractice, Stealing, Bullying, etc.. Amos 5:15a tells you to hate evil and love the good.
LESSON TWENTY-TWO (22)
TOPIC: GROW IN THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD
BIBLE TEXT: 2 Peter 3.18
MEMORY VERSE: 1 Peter 2.2 “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.”
LESSON AIM: To let children have a deep knowledge of God.
CENTRAL TRUTH: The knowledge of God keeps from sin.
INTRODUCTION: The Word of God was written by holy men of God who were inspired by the Holy Spirit. Apostle Peter has sent a note of warning so that we will not fall victim of false teachers. The way out is for us to grow in the knowledge of God, by having a deep knowledge of the scriptures. Growth implies an increase in size and amount. It also means to become better improved at something, to become more developed and mature. Growth in the knowledge of God is so important and mandatory in the life of every child of God because it brings us to a level of maturity with God (Hebrews 5:14).
A: HOW TO GROW IN THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD:
1 Seek the truth. John 17:3, Proverbs 23:23
2 Ask help from the Holy Spirit (divine power). Acts 1:8
3 Be humble and godly. Matthew 18:4, James 4:10
4 Be holy and faithful. 1 Timothy 2:8, Luke 12:42
5 Have a close relationship with God. Amos 3:7
6 Study and meditate on God’s word. 2 Timothy 2:15
7 Have a teachable spirit. 1 John 2:27
8 Be patient. Proverbs 1:1-4
9 Wait upon the Lord. Habakkuk 2:3
10 Fear God. Proverbs 1:7
11 Have fellowship with other believers. Hebrews 10:25
12 Share the word of God with your neighbours.
B: BENEFITS OF GROWING IN THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD:
1 Protection from God.
2 Partners with Christ. 2 Chronicles 5:17
3 The knowledge of God keeps us from sin. Proverbs 119:11, Isaiah 1:3
4 God gives us kindness, justice and righteousness. Jeremiah 9:23-24
5 We will not fall victim of false teachers. Ephesians 4:14
6 It helps us to escape the pollution of the world. 2 Peter 2:20a
7 It makes one to be strong in the Lord. Daniel 11:32b
C: OTHER AREAS OF GROWTH:
1 In the study of God’s word.
2 In prayers and supplication.
3 In praise and worship to God.
4 In submission to the will of God.
5 We must grow in wisdom.
6 We must grow in fellowship with other brethren.
7 We must grow in faith.
8 We must grow in our love for God and our neighbours.
9 We must grow in grace.
CONCLUSION: You have to be thirsty for the words of God daily in order to grow in the things of God.
INVITATION: Before you can grow properly you must be born again.
- RCCG Fasting Prayers
- RCCG HOLY GHOST CONGRESS
- RCCG HOLY GHOST CONVENTION
- RCCG House Fellowship
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL TEACHER'S
- RCCG Live Service
- rccg messages
- RCCG News
- RCCG Prayer Point
- RCCG SHILOH HOUR
- RCCG Sunday School Manual
- THE PRAYER CHAIN MINISTRY
ACTIVITY: Learn a memory verse daily.
LIFE APPLICATION: You must cultivate the habit of meditating on the word of God daily. You, who has received Jesus as Saviour, God wants you to grow in the knowledge of Him by applying His word to your daily living.
LESSON TWENTY-THREE (23)
TOPIC: TO LIVE IN THE SPIRIT
BIBLE TEXT: Galatians 5:25; Romans 8:14
MEMORY VERSE: 1 John 4.13 – “Hereby know we that we dwell in Him, and He in us, because He hath given us of His Spirit.”
LESSON AIM: To let children know the importance of depending on the Holy Spirit.
CENTRAL TRUTH: The Holy Spirit should be our senior partner.
INTRODUCTION: The Holy Spirit is the third person in the trinity. The book of 1 John says in chapter 5:7 “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.” The Holy Spirit plays major roles in the life of believers. The Holy Spirit convicts us to confess Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour. The Holy Spirit indwells us to empower us to live the new christian life which is a spiritual life. We need no longer to walk after the flesh but to live by the Holy Spirit prompting.
A: WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT?
See 1 JOHN 5:7 – For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
JOHN 16:13 – Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come.
B: THE PURPOSE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IN THE LIFE OF A BELIEVER:
1. He anoints us with power to witness. Luke 4:18
2. He transforms us into a new person. 1 Samuel 10:6
3. He gives us a closer relationship with Jesus. Ephesians 5:18-19
4. The Holy Spirit brings forth virtues in our lives. Galatians 5:22-23
5. The Holy Spirit comforts us. John14:16,26
6. The Holy Spirit helps us to pray. Romans 8:26-27
7. The Holy Spirit guides us. John 16:13
C: HOW DO WE LIVE IN THE SPIRIT?
1. Living in the Spirit is to die to self.
2. Not walking according to the lusts of the flesh (wrong desires), but according to the Spirit.
3. Living a Spirit controlled life.
4. Being led by the Spirit of God.
D: HOW CAN I LIVE BY THE SPIRIT?
1. Surrender your will to God. Proverbs 3:5-7
2. Repent. Acts 3:19
3. Have faith in God’s word. Hebrews 11:1
4. Be a doer of God’s word. James 1:23
5. Trust in the Lord. Psalm 7:1
6. Be led by the Spirit. Romans 8:14
7. Say no to self and yes to the Holy Spirit. Galatians 5:22-23
8. Set your mind on the things of the Spirit. Colossians 3:1
9. Receive spiritual gifts of revelation.
10. Listen to the counsel from the Holy Spirit and the word. Acts 16:6
11. Be in the presence of God always. Psalm 16:11
12. Be humble. 1 Peter 5:5
CONCLUSION: Say no to self, but yes to the Holy Spirit.
INVITATION: For you to live by the Spirit, you must be born again.
ACTIVITY: Mention 2 (two) biblical characters that live by the Spirit.
LIFE APPLICATION: If we live by the Spirit, we will not succumb to the lusts of the flesh. Next Sunday you should come and tell the class how the Holy Spirit helped you to achieve or overcome a situation whether at home or in school.
LESSON TWENTY-FOUR (24)
TOPIC: SEEK GOD ALWAYS
BIBLE TEXT: 2 Chronicles 34:1-3
Isaiah 55:6 “Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near.”
LESSON AIM: To let children know that they need to seek God always.
CENTRAL TRUTH: We need God’s help always.
INTRODUCTION: In the eight year of King Josiah, even though he was still young, he began to seek the God of his father David. In his twelfth year he began to purge Judah and Jerusalem of the high places, asherah poles and carved idols and cast images. The great promise to those who seek the Lord is that He will be found. “If you seek Him, He will be found by you” (1 Chronicles 28:9). And when He is found, there is a great reward.
A: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO SEEK THE LORD?
1. Seeking His face and His presence.
2. Setting of the mind and heart of God.
3. Seeking for God’s help.
B: WAYS TO SEEK GOD:
1. Through the word. Joshua 1:8
2. Prayer and fasting. Daniel 9:2-3, 2 Chronicles 20:3, Acts 13:1-3
3. Life of holiness. Hebrews 12:14
4. Praise and worship. Psalm 67:5-6
5. Obedient to the promptings of the Holy Spirit. Galatians 1:15-16
C: BENEFITS OF SEEKING GOD:
1. Divine provision. Psalm 34:10
2. We shall find God. 1 Chronicles 28:9
3. Fear will disappear. Psalm 34:4
4. Righteousness and joy will be your portion. Hosea 10:12, Psalm 40:16
5. Divine direction. Romans 8:14
6. Life in Christ. Amos 5:4
7. Goodness and wisdom. Ezra 8:23, Proverbs 8:17-18
D: BIBLICAL EXAMPLES OF SEEKERS OF GOD:
1. Ezra – Ezra 8
2. King Asa – 2 Chronicles 34:3
3. King Jehoshaphat – 2 Chronicles 20:3
4. King Hezekiah – 2 Kings 19:19-20
CONCLUSION: God will be found by those who seek Him diligently.
INVITATION: For you to find God you must give your life to Jesus Christ.
ACTIVITY: Mention 3 (three) ways you can seek God.
LIFE APPLICATION: Believers that cultivate the habit of seeking God will receive divine direction. Give a brief account of your spiritual daily routine that helps you in seeking God’s improve on it for a better and closer relationship with God.
1. SUNDAY: 1 Timothy 6:11-21
2. MONDAY: 2 Timothy 1:1-12
3. TUESDAY: 2 Timothy 1:13-18
4. WEDNESDAY: 2 Timothy 2:1-13
5. THURSDAY: 2 Timothy 2:14-26
6. FRIDAY: 2 Timothy 3:1-9
7. SATURDAY: 2 Timothy 3:10-17