OPEN HEAVEN 17 MAY 2020 SUNDAY: THE SURE FOUNDATION
Subscribe to Blog via Email
OPEN HEAVEN 17 MAY 2020 MEMORIZE: Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound. 2 Timothy 2:9
OPEN HEAVEN 17 MAY 2020 BIBLE READING MATHEW 7:21-27
21. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23. And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
HAPPY SUNDAY BELOVED.
The Lord has brought me out of darkness into His marvellous light for a purpose. The work that the loyrd do, I will do greater work than that because He lives in me and controls my being. My life is not a mistake, I am not a sorry case and the will of God trumps all evil desires and messages sent against my life. I live a life of favour and testimony each and everyday because I and my Father are one. Hallelujah! If you are visiting this platform for the first time save this website RCCGONLINE.ORG on your device to ease your next visit. Hymnal, Bible Reading & Other helpful clickable links below. God bless you!
OPEN HEAVEN 17 MAY 2020 MESSAGE SUNDAY
“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17“.
I cannot overstate the importance of the word of God in the life of a believer.
Romans 10:14-17 emphasizes this and also reveals the need of preachers in the world today.
We need witnesses so the faith of people can be built on the sure foundation of the word of God.
Today, while some preachers minister as oracles of God; others do so as orators teaching human philosophy and traditions of men.
Paul warned against this in 1 Timothy 1:4,7 and Titus 1:14.
Todays memory verse tells us clearly why we must be careful of any teaching that does not warn against sin.
Such is not from God. Living by this foundation keeps you from sin. Todays Bible reading has many lessons for us.
First, it is wisdom to walk according to the word of God.
Some people will say the Bible is too old to offer solutions to the present world issues but what did Jesus say concerning the word of God?
He said For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled
There will be trials and persecutions against your faith.
However, Gods word is a sure anchor. Jesus assures that a house built on the sure foundation of the word of God shall stand. It is foolishness to equate the word of man with the word of God.
The word of man has no sure foundation, therefore, any house built on human philosophy will crumble in the face of a storm.
Beloved, are you building your house of faith on the solid and infallible word of God or on the sandy soil of the ideology of man?.
Think about it now and take a decision to walk only by God’s word.
Decide that from today, you will be more devoted to studying the word of God and living by it.
Thank you for reading today’s Open Heaven 17 May 2020 Sunday written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please, share with someone on Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram and other social media platforms using the social buttons at the beginning or scroll to the end of this post. Have a good day! #RemainRapturable
OPEN HEAVEN 17 MAY 2020 HYMN
WHEN WE WALK WITH THE LORD
1. When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way,
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey,
For there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.
- RCCG Fasting Prayers
- RCCG HOLY GHOST CONGRESS
- RCCG HOLY GHOST CONVENTION
- RCCG House Fellowship
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL TEACHER'S
- RCCG Live Service
- rccg messages
- RCCG News
- RCCG Prayer Point
- RCCG SHILOH HOUR
- RCCG Sunday School Manual
- THE PRAYER CHAIN MINISTRY
2. Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away,
Not a doubt or a fear,
Not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay,
Not a grief nor a loss,
Not a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.
4. But we never can prove
The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay,
For the favour He shows,
And the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5. Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way,
What He says we will do,
Where He sends, we will go,
Never fear, only trust and obey.
OPEN HEAVEN 17 MAY 2020 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: PSALMS 26:1-12 , PSALMS 40:1-17 , PSALMS 58:1-11, PSALMS 61:1-8 , PSALMS 62:1-12, PSALMS 64:1-10