Subscribe to Blog via Email
RCCG 2020/2021 ZEAL (AGE 13-19) TEENS TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 28TH OF MARCH 2021 LESSON THIRTY (30)
TOPIC: FOLLOW UP
BIBLE TEXT: Gal 4:19; Phil 2:19
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,
But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timotheus shortly unto you, that I also may be of good comfort, when I know your state.
MEMORY VERSE: 2 Tim 2:2 “And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses
the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also” RCCG 2020/2021 ZEAL (AGE 13-19) TEENS TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 28TH OF MARCH 2021 LESSON THIRTY (30)
RCCG THIS WEEK
- RCCG Fasting Prayers
- RCCG HOLY GHOST CONGRESS
- RCCG HOLY GHOST CONVENTION
- RCCG House Fellowship
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL TEACHER'S
- RCCG Live Service
- rccg messages
- RCCG News
- RCCG Prayer Point
- RCCG SHILOH HOUR
- RCCG Sunday School Manual
- THE PRAYER CHAIN MINISTRY
HYMN FOR TODAY:
Go and tell of the good tidings. Hymn 277
LESSON AIM: To let the teens know the importance of follow up.
CENTRAL TRUTH: Follow up is an essential key to bringing more people to Christ.
INTRODUCTION: Evangelism is not a one-time duty, the duty of a believer after preaching the gospel is not to walk away but to make sure that the new convert embraces his/her new lifestyle. The good shepherd must.constantly check on the sheep and ensure they are growing. This is what follow up entails that the new believer would become “firmly rooted, built upon Him and established in faith” (Col 2:6-7).
A. Why it is important to follow up?
1. To water the Word of God that has been planted in their hearts. 1 Cor 3:6
2. To strengthen their convictions and help them grow – Gal 6:1
3. So that temptation will not make them fall away – Luke 8:13
4. Kingdom advancement – 2 Tim 2:2
5. No one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care
B. How to effectively follow up:
1. Help them develop hunger for the Word of God by making it real and practical to them.
2. Integrate them into the family life of the local church.
3. Do not judge.
4. Fan to flame their fire by sharing Christian messages, books and music.
5. It takes habit and consistency to abandon the old life and fully embrace the new life. Be patient and kind always.
6. Pray. Pray. Pray. You may not see immediate result in a new convert, so don’t letit discourage you.
DISCUSSION: How appropriate is following up on the opposite sex? What should be done in an attempt to follow up the opposite sex?
INVITATION/ APPLICATION: Today, take time to reflect on people you should reach out to and check on their growth and welfare. Remember
that God is counting on you and you would be held accountable for them.
CONCLUSION RCCG 2020/2021 ZEAL (AGE 13-19) TEENS TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 28TH OF MARCH 2021 LESSON THIRTY (30)
For the Church to grow and to bring salvation to all men, following up new converts and believers is key. Proper follow up not only involves congregational effort but individual effort as well.
PRAYER: Father, lead me to souls that I need to follow up.
• What is God saying in the text?
• How can I apply this to my life?
MY PRAYER POINT FOR THE LESSON:
Father, lead me to souls that I need to follow up.