RCCG 2020/2021 ZEAL (AGE 13-19) TEENS TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 7TH OF MARCH, 2021
LESSON TWENTY-SEVEN (27)
TOPIC: KEEP THE SHEEP (YOU BEING THE SHEPHERD)
HYMN FOR TODAY:
Hark tis the Shepherd’s voice : Hymn 275
MEMORY VERSE: John 21:16 “He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep”
BIBLE PASSAGE: John 10:17-18
Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
LESSON AIM: To let the teens knows that God has given them responsibility to take care of some people.
CENTRAL TRUTH: God wants to entrust people into your hands.
INTRODUCTION: A shepherd’s primary responsibility is the safety and welfare of the flock. As God’s children, we have an automatic assignment to serve God all the days of our lives by caring for His sheep. There are lives attached to you to nurture, generations and lineages also. You cannot afford to stray from God’s path and design for you. God places some people in your life just so that you could lead them to Christ and direct them to the source. You cannot afford to let Him down.
Today, we shall discuss in details what it means to be a good shepherd and what qualities a shepherd must possess to be called a good one.
A. Attributes of a Good Shepherd:
1. Sacrificial actions: The good shepherd chooses personal sacrifice for the welfare of his sheep – John 10:11
2. Protector and carer of God’s sheep – John 10:12-13
3. Good listener – John 10:14
4. Humility/Teach-ability – Eph 4:2
5. Discipline – Prov 12:1
B. Rewards for being a good Shepherd:
1. God will take care of all your needs – Matt 6:33
2. God watches over your spiritual progress -1 Peter 2:25
3. Eternity – Rev. 7:15-17
RCCG TOPICS THIS WEEK
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGE 4-5) TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 7TH OF MARCH 2021 LESSON 27
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGE 6-8) TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 7TH OF MARCH 2021 LESSON TWENTY 27
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGES: 9-12) TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 7TH OF MARCH, 2021 LESSON TWENTY 27
- RCCG HOUSE FELLOWSHIP LEADERS MANUAL 7TH March 2021 LESSON: 27
- RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL LESSON 27 7TH MARCH 2021 THE CHRISTIAN APPROACH TO INVESTMENTS
- RCCG MARCH 2021 DIVINE ENCOUNTER THEME: GOD BLESS YOU – PART 3 (I WILL LIFT UP MY EYES UNTO THE HILLS).
- RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER’S MANUAL MAIDEN SPECIAL FOR YOUNG ADULTS AND YOUTHS (YAYA) SUNDAY 7TH MARCH 2021 LESSON 27
- RCCG 2020/2021 ZEAL (AGE 13-19) TEENS TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 7TH OF MARCH 2021 LESSON TWENTY-SEVEN (27)
- RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL MAIDEN SPECIAL FOR YOUNG ADULTS AND YOUTHS (YAYA) SUNDAY 7TH MARCH 2021 LESSON 27
- RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER’S MANUAL LESSON TWENTY-SEVEN SUNDAY 7TH MARCH 2021
- OPEN HEAVENS MARCH 2021 Sunday March 7
DISCUSSION: Discuss other key attributes especially relating to teenagers.
INVITATION/APPLICATION: The foundation of every good shepherd is seen in 1 Corinthians 11:1(AMP); “Pattern yourselves after me [follow my example] as l imitate and follow Christ (the Messiah)”
CONCLUSION: As shepherds, we are to lead the sheep after the pattern of Christ. Acting in all honesty, integrity and commitment we are destined to bring Glory unto His Name.
1. What is God saying in the text?
2. How can apply this to my life
MY PRAYER POINT FOR THE LESSON:
Lord, please make a good shepherd, don’t let me disappoint you.
RCCG 2020/2021 ZEAL (AGE 13-19) TEENS TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 7TH OF MARCH 2021 LESSON TWENTY-SEVEN (27)