Subscribe to Blog via Email
RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGES: 9-12) TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 24TH OF JANUARY, 2021
LESSON TWENTY-ONE (21) TOPIC: HATE EVIL (SIN)
MEMORY VERSE: 1 Thessalonians 5.22 “Abstain from all appearance of evil.”
BIBLE TEXT: Genesis 39:1-10
1 – And Joseph was brought down to Egypt; and Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh, captain of the guard, an Egyptian, bought him of the hands of the Ishmeelites, which had brought him down thither.
2 – And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian.
3 – And his master saw that the LORD was with him, and that the LORD made all that he did to prosper in his hand.
4 – And Joseph found grace in his sight, and he served him: and he made him overseer over his house, and all that he had he put into his hand.
5 – And it came to pass from the time that he had made him overseer in his house, and over all that he had, that the LORD blessed the Egyptian’s house for Joseph’s sake; and the blessing of the LORD was upon all that he had in the house, and in the field.
6 – And he left all that he had in Joseph’s hand; and he knew not ought he had, save the bread which he did eat. And Joseph was a goodly person, and well favoured.
7 – And it came to pass after these things, that his master’s wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me.
8 – But he refused, and said unto his master’s wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand;
9 – There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?
10 – And it came to pass, as she spake to Joseph day by day, that he hearkened not unto her, to lie by her, or to be with her.
LESSON AIM: To let children know that sin is evil.
CENTRAL TRUTH: God hates evil.
INTRODUCTION: Joseph was a young boy who was sold into slavery by his brothers because of jealousy but when he got to Potiphar’s house, God prospered him so much that his master’s wife cast her eyes on him. He refused to lie with his master’s wife even after making so much advances to him. He kept himself pure by refusing to disobey God and his master and was later made the prime minister of Egypt.
A: BIBLICAL EXAMPLES OF EVIL:
1. Hands that shed innocent blood. Proverbs 1:16
2. A heart that devices wicked plans. Proverbs 6:18
3. Feet that make haste to run to evil.
4. False witness. Deuteronomy 5:20
5. Love of money. 1 Timothy 6:10
6. Watching pornographic films.
7. All unrighteousness. Isaiah 55:7
8. One who saws discord among brothers. Proverbs 6:19
9. Idolatry. 1 Corinthians 10:14
10.The work of the flesh. Galatians 5:19-21
B: CONSEQUENCES OF SIN OR EVIL:
1. It brings eternal death sentence to unbelievers. Romans 6:23
2. Sicknesses and diseases. 2 Chronicles 21:14-15
3. Unanswered prayers. Isaiah 59:1-3
4. Failures. Joshua 7:1-5
5. Demotion and stagnation. 1 Samuel 2:29-30
6. Pain and sorrow. Ecclesiastes 2:26
7. Sin brings shame. Proverbs 14:34
C: HOW TO OVERCOME EVIL?
1. Fear of God. Proverbs 1:7, Proverbs 3:7
2. Love of God. Deuteronomy 6:5
3. Bear the fruit of the Holy Spirit. Galatians 5:22-23
4. Be Spirit filled. Ephesians 5:18
5. Meditate on God’s word. Joshua 1:8, Psalm 1:3
6. Be prayerful. 1 Thessalonians 5:17
7. Live a holy life. 1 Peter 1:16
8. Be consecrated. 2 Timothy 2:21
CONCLUSION: A wise person will depart from evil.
INVITATION: You can only hate all evil if you have an encounter with Jesus Christ.
ACTIVITY: Mention 5 (five) things that God hates.
LIFE APPLICATION: Like Joseph you must flee every appearance of evil. Let the class talk about various temptations they have experienced and how they shall deal with it, e.g. Lying, Exam malpractice, Stealing, Bullying, etc.. Amos 5:15a tells you to hate evil and love the good.
1. SUNDAY: 2 Corinthians 10:1-11
2. MONDAY: 2 Corinthians 10:12-18
3. TUESDAY: 2 Corinthians 11:1-15
4. WEDNESDAY: 2 Corinthians 11:16-33
5. THURSDAY: 2 Corinthians 12:1-10
6. FRIDAY: 2 Corinthians 12:11-21
7. SATURDAY: 2 Corinthians 13:1-10
- RCCG Fasting Prayers
- RCCG HOLY GHOST CONGRESS
- RCCG HOLY GHOST CONVENTION
- RCCG House Fellowship
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL TEACHER'S
- RCCG Live Service
- rccg messages
- RCCG News
- RCCG Prayer Point
- RCCG SHILOH HOUR
- RCCG Sunday School Manual
- THE PRAYER CHAIN MINISTRY
RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGES: 9-12) TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 24TH OF JANUARY 2021