Support the Good work on this Blog
RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023
AGE 13-19 TEACHER’S MANUAL
SUNDAY 12TH OF FEBRUARY, 2023
LESSON TWENTY FOUR (24)
TOPIC: GENTLENESS AND SELF CONTROL
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023 AGE 9-12 TEACHER’S MANUAL FOR 12TH OF FEBRUARY, 2023
- RCCG LOWER JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023 AGE 4-5 TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 12TH OF FEBRUARY, 2023
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL FOR 2022/2023 AGE 13-19 TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 12TH OF FEBRUARY, 2023
- YORUBA RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER’S MANUAL OSU KEJI ỌDÚN 2023
- FRENCH RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER’S MANUAL Leçon 24 DIMANCHE 12 FÉVRIER 2023
- RCCG YAYA SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER’S MANUAL LESSON 24 12TH OF FEBRUARY 2023
- RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS’ MANUAL SUNDAY 12TH OF FEBRUARY, 2023
BIBLE TEXT: Titus 2:11-14
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age,
looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.
MEMORY VERSE: Put on therefore. as the elect of God holy and beloved of mercies. kindness humbieness of mind meekness longsuffering”.Colossians 3-12
CENTRAL TRUTH: Gentleness and Self-control is a product of having the Holy Spirit dwelling in a believer.
INTRODUCTION: Biblicaly speaking, a gentle person is not one who is weak fearful but one who exercises strength appropriately. In terms of the fruit the spirit gentleness involves showing humility and thankfulness towards God and being polite, restrained. and compassionate towards others. However self
control helps us to resist temptation and avoid conforming to the things of this world. Gentleness is closely related to self-control. Jesus is our perfect example.
A. WHAT IS GENTLENESS? It is the humble and meek attitude of wanting to help other people instead of wanting to be superior to them. It means putting God and other people before ourselves. It requires humility, sacrifice, patience and compassion This attitude flows from a spirit of genuine love that flows through Christ in us to others. Such an attitude is shown in how we think about treat others and what we say to them. Col.3:12
B. WHAT IS SELF-CONTROL? The Bible refers to self-control as temperance meaning self-restriaint or moderation. Self-control as the fruit of the Spirit is self-denial.Pro 257S. It is self-rule under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Without the help of the Holy Spirit, we have natural tendencies to give in to our sinful desires. You need to
depend on Him and draw upon the power and strengh you have been given in Christ through the Holy Spirit in order to practice self-control -Titus 2:12 Col. 4:5-6
C. SOME PEOPLE WHO DEMONSTRATED GENTLENESS AND SELF CONTROL IN THE BIBLE;
a Nehemiah showed self-control by not fighting; back the armies that attacked them while rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem. Nehemiah 4:14-16
b. Jesus demonstrated self-control in submitting to the Father’s perfect plan, Matthew 26:39, 42
c. Moses, the mediator of the old covenant, was very meek, more than all the people who were on the face of the earth, Numbers 12:3
D. HOW TO DEVELOP SELF-CONTROLAND GENTLENESS
1. Knowledge of God’s word. 2 Timothy 3:15-17
2. Awareness of the danger of lack of self-control. Matthew 5:29-30
3. Be prepared to suffer. 1 Corinthians 10:13, 1 Peter 4:1
4. Pray. Luke 22:39-43
5. Be willing to apologize Prov. 14:9
6. Always remember God’s gentleness to us.
7. Ponder on what your attitude looks like.
LIFE APPLICATION: Gentleness and Self-control are godly characteristics
produced in us through the help of the Holy Spirit. As believers let your words and actions be guided by the Holy Spirit and by the Word of God.
CONCLUSION: Gentleness is closely related to self-control. God does not exercise His power arbitrarily or chaotically; rather, He restrains Himself and is gentle with His people. He is in perfect control of Himself, and while we are not
omnipotent, we can imitate this self-control when we deal with other people.
Let us show self-control and gentleness toward even those whom we find difficult to love.
ATTENTION: Next week is Revision Day and the following week is Quiz and Interactive Day. Let us read up our past lessons and prepare for the revision and the quiz with our teens. God bless you.
* Ask them: What is God saying in today’s lesson?
* How can they apply this to their lives?
* Let them put their prayer points here: