RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL LESSON THIRTY-THREE SUNDAY 18TH APRIL 2021
TOPIC: SEXUAL INTIMACY IN MARRIAGE (PRT 2)
SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Thy friend friendship suits me well,
Both young and will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds be black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?
MEMORY VERSE: “Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established”. — Proverbs 24:3
BIBLE PASSAGE: 1CORINTHIANS 7:2-5
Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband.
Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband.
The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband [does.] And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife [does.]
Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.
We have learnt that sexual intimacy create a special bond between a man and his wife with basic facts supported by scriptures and it is numerous benefits. it is equally necessary to discuss some of the challenges facing couples in the area of sexual intimacy. (SOS. 5:1-6). It should be noted that in some homes or families certain problems or conflicts can be traced to unsatisfactory sexual relationship (1corinthians 7:2-5). The good news is that these challenges can be remedied.
1. LIKELY CAUSES OF SEXUAL INTIMACY CHALLENGES
2. SOME REMEDIES FOR SEXUAL INTIMACY CHALLENGES
LIKELY CAUSES OF SEXUAL INTIMACY CHALLENGES
While some challenges of sexual intimacy and spiritual, quite a lot of these challenges can be traced to the following:
1. Myths, misconceptions, Wrong cultural orientations or unscriptural spiritual inclinations about sex e.g. women should not initiate sex or enjoy it.
2. Fear of conceiving another baby. Some couples either lack the knowledge of appropriate family planning techniques or have refused to deploy the techniques that can prevent unwanted pregnancy (Hosea 4:6)
3. Previous experiences of sexual abuse directly or indirectly.
4. Libido (sex drive) issues or inadequate foreplay (inability to discover and /or explore the erogenous part of the body).
5. Health challenges which may either be a physiological all psychological e.g Erectile dyfunction, fragility (cold-heartedness), not-in-the-mood syndrome complications during childbirth, illness, etc.
6. Infidelity and lack of trust (Hebrews 13:4)
7. Sometimes sexual appetite decreases in women after menopause whereas is there’s a minimal decline in the sexual drive of men (Genesis 18:12).
8. Lack of understanding of love languages and/or things that turn them on or off.
9. Communication issue and busy schedules
10. Environmental factors – being conscious of the presence of third-party in the surroundings (children, relatives, neighbours etc). Unpleasant noise, etc.
SOME REMEDIES FOR SEXUAL INTIMACY CHALLENGES
1. Prayers: Couples should commit their sex life into God’s hand the same way they do for other aspects of their lives. This is also the only antidote to demonic influences (Philippians 4:6-7).
2. Counselling: It is not a shameful thing to seek medical/psychological help when faced with sexual intimacy challenges (Proverbs 11:14;24:6).
3. Communications: If you observe that your sax life is on the decline, bring up the topic and talk it out (Amos 3:3).
4. Time and Stress Management: Married couples should create time out of their tight schedule to be intimate and cut off stress-inducing factors as much as possible (Ecclesiastes 3:1;8:6).
5. Self development: couples should look inward and work on their weaknesses and the immediate environment that could turn off either of the party (2Corinthians 13:5).
Avoiding your spouse especially in the area of sexual intimacy is creating a space that will be occupied by something or someone else.
1. Why are some couples not sexually intimte?Explain the causes
2. How the challenges of sexual intimacy be remedied?