RCCG 2020/2021 ZEAL (AGE 6-8) TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 25TH OF APRIL, 2021 LESSON THIRTY FOUR (34)
TOPIC: ACTS OF PRAYERS
BIBLE TEXT: Luke 11:1-13
And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.
And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
Give us day by day our daily bread.
And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves;
For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him?
And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.
I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth.
And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
MEMORY VERSE: MATTHEW 21:22 “And all things, whatsoever we shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.”
LESSON AIM: The children will learn to pray and know that God will listen to their prayers.
CHILD RELATED TRUTH: God loves and hears you.
RCCG THIS WEEK
What is prayer? Why should we pray, and how should we pray? And does God really listen every time we talk to Him?
(Give room for children to answer). Today, we are going to learn how to pray. Remember that it is as simple as talking to someone you love. Jesus taught His disciples how to pray in this manner.
PROGRESSION OF EVENTS: LUKE 11:1-13
1. Jesus teaches on how to worship our Father who dwells in heaven.
2. Jesus teaches that we ought to pray for God’s kingdom to come.
3. Jesus teaches that we should ask daily for all the necessities of life.
4. Jesus teaches that we should ask for forgiveness of our sins while praying
5. Jesus teaches us that we must forgive others in order for the Lord to forgive us our sins
6. Jesus teaches to pray that we are not led into temptation and to deliver us from the evil one
God is the owner of the kingdom and power and glory are His always
CONCLUSION: Jesus teaches never to give up praying because God will always give you the best (Luke 11:5-13).
CHALLENGE: Today our hands are going to help us learn how to pray.
You have got five fingers and we have got five parts of prayer.
1. PRAISE: Praise is saying what you love about someone. It’s saying, “God, I love that you are good. I love how you made the ocean. I
love that you sent Jesus for our sins.”
2. CONFESS: Confession means when you ask for forgiveness of your sins.
3. READ: Reading God’s word helps you see yourself as in a mirror. It helps you understand who God is and who we are. It helps you to
pray because you know who we’re praying to.
4. ASK: God says in Matthew 21:22 that, “If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.” Pray for others and for yourself.
5. THANKS: God has done so much for you. What can you be thankful for today? (Invite children to list items). This week, ask God for something special using these five parts of prayers.
INVITATION: If you have not called on Jesus to save you from your sin, you can do so now by raising up your right hand (Romans 10:13). RCCG 2020/2021 ZEAL (AGE 6-8) TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 25TH OF APRIL, 2021 LESSON THIRTY FOUR (34)
SUNDAY: ACTS 5:1-5
MONDAY: ACTS 5:6-11
TUESDAY: ACTS 5:12-16
WEDNESDAY: ACTS 5:17-21
THURSDAY: ACTS 5:22-26
FRIDAY: ACTS 5:27-32
SATURDAY: ACTS 5:33-37