RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGES: 9-12) TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 7TH OF FEBRUARY, 2021
LESSON TWENTY-THREE (23) TOPIC: TO LIVE IN THE SPIRIT
MEMORY VERSE: 1 John 4.13 – “Hereby know we that we dwell in Him, and He in us, because He hath given us of His Spirit.”
BIBLE TEXT: Galatians 5:25 – If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Romans 8:1-14 (NIRV)
1. The Holy Spirit Gives Life Those who belong to Christ Jesus are no longer under God’s sentence.
2. I am now controlled by the law of the Holy Spirit. That law gives me life because of what Christ Jesus has done. It has set me free from the law of sin that brings death.
3. The written law was made weak by our sinful nature. But God did what the written law could not do. He made his Son to be like those who have a sinful nature. He sent him to be an offering for sin. In that way, he judged sin in his Son’s human body.
4. Now we can do everything the law requires. Our sinful nature no longer controls the way we live. The Holy Spirit now controls the way we live.
5. Don’t live under the control of your sinful nature. If you do, you will think about what your sinful nature wants. Live under the control of the Holy Spirit. If you do, you will think about what the Spirit wants.
6. The way a sinful person thinks leads to death. But the mind controlled by the Spirit brings life and peace.
7. The sinful mind is at war with God. It does not obey God’s law. It can’t.
8. Those who are controlled by their sinful nature can’t please God. 9. But your sinful nature does not control you. The Holy Spirit controls you. The Spirit of God lives in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to Christ.
10. Christ lives in you. So your body is dead because of sin. But your spirit is alive because you have been made right with God.
11. The Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you. So the God who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your bodies, which are going to die. He will do this by the power of his Spirit, who lives in you.
12. Brothers and sisters, we have a duty. Our duty is not to live under the control of our sinful nature.
13. If you live under the control of your sinful nature, you will die. But by the power of the Holy Spirit you can put to death the sins your body commits. Then you will live.
14. Those who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God.
LESSON AIM: To let children know the importance of depending on the Holy Spirit.
CENTRAL TRUTH: The Holy Spirit should be our senior partner.
INTRODUCTION: RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGES: 9-12) TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 7TH OF FEBRUARY, 2021
The Holy Spirit is the third person in the trinity. The book of 1 John says in chapter 5:7 “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.” The Holy Spirit plays major roles in the life of believers. The Holy Spirit convicts us to confess Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour. The Holy Spirit indwells us to empower us to live the new christian life which is a spiritual life. We need no longer to walk after the flesh but to live by the Holy Spirit prompting.
A: WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT?
See 1 JOHN 5:7 – For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
JOHN 16:13 – Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come.
B: THE PURPOSE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IN THE LIFE OF A BELIEVER:
1. He anoints us with power to witness. Luke 4:18
2. He transforms us into a new person. 1 Samuel 10:6
3. He gives us a closer relationship with Jesus. Ephesians 5:18-19
4. The Holy Spirit brings forth virtues in our lives. Galatians 5:22-23
5. The Holy Spirit comforts us. John14:16,26
6. The Holy Spirit helps us to pray. Romans 8:26-27
7. The Holy Spirit guides us. John 16:13
C: HOW DO WE LIVE IN THE SPIRIT?
1. Living in the Spirit is to die to self.
2. Not walking according to the lusts of the flesh (wrong desires), but according to the Spirit.
3. Living a Spirit controlled life.
4. Being led by the Spirit of God.
D: HOW CAN I LIVE BY THE SPIRIT?
1. Surrender your will to God. Proverbs 3:5-7
2. Repent. Acts 3:19
3. Have faith in God’s word. Hebrews 11:1
4. Be a doer of God’s word. James 1:23
5. Trust in the Lord. Psalm 7:1
6. Be led by the Spirit. Romans 8:14
7. Say no to self and yes to the Holy Spirit. Galatians 5:22-23
8. Set your mind on the things of the Spirit. Colossians 3:1
9. Receive spiritual gifts of revelation.
10. Listen to the counsel from the Holy Spirit and the word. Acts 16:6
11. Be in the presence of God always. Psalm 16:11
12. Be humble. 1 Peter 5:5
RCCG THIS WEEK
- Open Heavens February 2021 Sunday February 7
- Open Heavens February 2021
- RCCG HOUSE FELLOWSHIP LEADERS’ MANUAL 7TH FEBRUARY 2021 LESSON: 23
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL SUNDAY 7TH OF FEBRUARY 2021 (AGE 4-5) TEACHER’S MANUAL LESSON TWENTY-THREE (23)
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGES: 9-12) TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 7TH OF FEBRUARY, 2021
- RCCG 2020/2021 ZEAL (AGE 13-19) TEENS TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 7TH OF FEBRUARY 2021
- RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL LESSON TWENTY-THREE SUNDAY 7TH FEBRUARY 2021
- RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER’S MANUAL LESSON 23 SUNDAY 7TH FEBRUARY 2021
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGE 6-8) TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 7TH OF FEBRUARY, 2021 LESSON 23
Subscribe to Blog via Email
CONCLUSION: Say no to self, but yes to the Holy Spirit.
INVITATION: For you to live by the Spirit, you must be born again.
ACTIVITY: Mention 2 (two) biblical characters that live by the Spirit.
LIFE APPLICATION: If we live by the Spirit, we will not succumb to the lusts of the flesh. Next Sunday you should come and tell the class how the Holy Spirit helped you to achieve or overcome a situation whether at home or in school. RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGES: 9-12) TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 7TH OF FEBRUARY, 2021
1. SUNDAY: 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11
2. MONDAY: 1 Thessalonians 5:12-28
3. TUESDAY: 2 Thessalonians 1:1-12
4. WEDNESDAY: 2 Thessalonians 2:1-17
5. THURSDAY: 2 Thessalonians 3:1-18
6. FRIDAY: 1 Timothy 1:1-11
7. SATURDAY: 1 Timothy 1:12-20