RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGE 6-8) TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 7TH OF FEBRUARY, 2021
TOPIC: LIVE IN THE SPIRIT
MEMORY VERSE: Galatians 5:25 “If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit”.
BIBLE TEXT: Romans 8:1-14 (NIRV)
1. The Holy Spirit Gives Life Those who belong to Christ Jesus are no longer under God’s sentence.
2. I am now controlled by the law of the Holy Spirit. That law gives me life because of what Christ Jesus has done. It has set me free from the law of sin that brings death.
3. The written law was made weak by our sinful nature. But God did what the written law could not do. He made his Son to be like those who have a sinful nature. He sent him to be an offering for sin. In that way, he judged sin in his Son’s human body.
4. Now we can do everything the law requires. Our sinful nature no longer controls the way we live. The Holy Spirit now controls the way we live.
5. Don’t live under the control of your sinful nature. If you do, you will think about what your sinful nature wants. Live under the control of the Holy Spirit. If you do, you will think about what the Spirit wants.
6. The way a sinful person thinks leads to death. But the mind controlled by the Spirit brings life and peace.
7. The sinful mind is at war with God. It does not obey God’s law. It can’t.
8. Those who are controlled by their sinful nature can’t please God. 9. But your sinful nature does not control you. The Holy Spirit controls you. The Spirit of God lives in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to Christ.
10. Christ lives in you. So your body is dead because of sin. But your spirit is alive because you have been made right with God.
11. The Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you. So the God who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your bodies, which are going to die. He will do this by the power of his Spirit, who lives in you.
12. Brothers and sisters, we have a duty. Our duty is not to live under the control of our sinful nature.
13. If you live under the control of your sinful nature, you will die. But by the power of the Holy Spirit you can put to death the sins your body commits. Then you will live.
14. Those who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God.
LESSON AIM: The children will know that to become children of God, they must be led by His Spirit.
CHILD RELATED TRUTH:
God wants you to be led by the Spirit in Christ.
INTRODUCTION: Children! If your parents give you a choice of going to see a movie on the life and death of Jesus Christ or the new Dora
the explorer cartoon movie? Which one will you choose? Is the one that will teach you how to follow Christ because of what He did for you on
the cross or the one that will teach you how to tell lies? In other words, what kind of life do you want to live, abundant purposeful and satisfactory life or a weak and disappointing one?.
PROGRESSION OF EVENTS:
1. When you are joined to Christ, you are set free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:1-2)
2. The law weakened by the flesh is powerless to save because salvation is only through Christ (Romans 8:3)
3. Let the Spirit control your mind knowing that the flesh harbors hostility towards God (Romans 8:4)
4. This is a mindset on listening to, trusting in and following the spirit of Christ (8:5-8)
5. The essence of being in Christ is the presence of the Spirit living in us which frees us from the bondage of sin (8:9)
6. Tne Spirit which is the promise of resurrection lives in you (8:10-11)
7. The Spirit sets you free from the necessity to sin (8:12)
GOSPEL CONNECTION: The love of God makes Him want to set us free from the necessity of sin. God loves you and me but sin will not let us have a home with Him in Heaven. Sin is all the wrong things we do. God needed our sins to be forgiven so He sent His only begotten Son Jesus to come into the world and take the punishment
for our sins. Jesus was born as a baby and grew up without sin. Wicked people killed Him on the cross, He was buried but alive again on the third day so when you accept Him as Lord and Savior, the Spirit of God will set you free from sin (1 Corinthains 15:3-4)
Fight the tendency to sin and focus on the life of the Spirit (8:13)
RCCG THIS WEEK
- Open Heavens February 2021 Sunday February 7
- Open Heavens February 2021
- RCCG HOUSE FELLOWSHIP LEADERS’ MANUAL 7TH FEBRUARY 2021 LESSON: 23
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL SUNDAY 7TH OF FEBRUARY 2021 (AGE 4-5) TEACHER’S MANUAL LESSON TWENTY-THREE (23)
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGES: 9-12) TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 7TH OF FEBRUARY, 2021
- RCCG 2020/2021 ZEAL (AGE 13-19) TEENS TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 7TH OF FEBRUARY 2021
- RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL LESSON TWENTY-THREE SUNDAY 7TH FEBRUARY 2021
- RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER’S MANUAL LESSON 23 SUNDAY 7TH FEBRUARY 2021
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGE 6-8) TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 7TH OF FEBRUARY, 2021 LESSON 23
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Those who are led by the Spirit are the sons of God (8:14)
CHALLENGE: As a child who has put his trust in Jesus, you alive in this world. You can only achieve this by following the leadership of God’s Spirit. The greatest problem in your lives is sin and the condemnation that it brings upon you. Until you have the answer to that problem, you cannot have an abundant life because, you are condemned to death, being cut off from God’s life-giving Spirit. But Jesus did what the law could not do by itself: Jesus provided an answer to the condemnation. He died for your sins and rose from the dead, that you might have life through forgiveness in Him. By yielding to God’s Spirit, by accepting and following the answers that Jesus provides, God’s Spirit lives in you.
INVITATION: The only way you will not be condemned to a weak and disappointing life is to call on the name of Jesus and be saved (Romans 10:13)
1. SUNDAY: LUKE20:14-19
2. MONDAY: LUKE 20:20-26
3. TUESDAY: LUKE 20:27-33
4. WEDNESDAY: LUKE 20:34-40
5. THURSDAY: LUKE 20:41-47
6. FRIDAY: LUKE 21:1-6
7. SATURDAY: LUKE 21:7-11