Subscribe to Blog via Email
RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL LESSON TWENTY-THREE SUNDAY 7TH FEBRUARY 2021
TOPIC: SPIRITUAL MATURITY
SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Thy friend friendship suits me well,
Both young and will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds be black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?
MEMORY VERSE: “Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith
toward God”. — Hebrews 6:1.
- RCCG Fasting Prayers
- RCCG HOLY GHOST CONGRESS
- RCCG HOLY GHOST CONVENTION
- RCCG House Fellowship
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL TEACHER'S
- RCCG Live Service
- rccg messages
- RCCG News
- RCCG Prayer Point
- RCCG SHILOH HOUR
- RCCG Sunday School Manual
- THE PRAYER CHAIN MINISTRY
RCCG THIS WEEK
- Open Heavens February 2021 Sunday February 7
- Open Heavens February 2021
- RCCG HOUSE FELLOWSHIP LEADERS’ MANUAL 7TH FEBRUARY 2021 LESSON: 23
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL SUNDAY 7TH OF FEBRUARY 2021 (AGE 4-5) TEACHER’S MANUAL LESSON TWENTY-THREE (23)
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGES: 9-12) TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 7TH OF FEBRUARY, 2021
- RCCG 2020/2021 ZEAL (AGE 13-19) TEENS TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 7TH OF FEBRUARY 2021
- RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL LESSON TWENTY-THREE SUNDAY 7TH FEBRUARY 2021
- RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER’S MANUAL LESSON 23 SUNDAY 7TH FEBRUARY 2021
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGE 6-8) TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 7TH OF FEBRUARY, 2021 LESSON 23
BIBLE PASSAGE: HEBREWS 5:12-14.
For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need [someone] to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
For everyone who partakes [only] of milk [is] unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, [that is,] those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
INTRODUCTION RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL LESSON TWENTY-THREE SUNDAY 7TH FEBRUARY 2021
After salvation, every believer is expected to begin the process of spiritual growth. Just like a baby grows from living on ordinary milk to some light solid meal and eventually to cracking real bones at adulthood, a Christian must grow from just taking the milk of the word (1Pet. 2:2) to a spiritual bone-cracker (Heb. 6:1). It is not correct to claim that the Spirit of God lives in you without any effect on your lifestyle. Spiritual maturity is achieved through becoming more like Jesus Christ.
1. CHARACTERISTICS OF A SPIRITUAL CHRISTIAN
2. SIGNS OF SPIRITUAL MATURITY
CHARACTERISTICS OF A SPIRITUAL CHRISTIAN
A spiritual Christian lives as a son and not as a slave (Romans 8:14-16, Luke 8:21). He is led by the Spirit (Galatians 5:16,18, Ephesians 5:2, 15) and bears the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23, Psalm 92:13-14). He is mindful of spiritual things (Romans 8:5; Philippians 2:5). He is free from the law (Romans 8:2, John 8:32) and its condemnation (Romans 8:1, Luke 6:37). He has mortified the deeds of the flesh (Colossians 3:5-9, Galatians 5:20). He is divinely guided and has spiritual insight (1Corinthians 2:10-13, 15).
SIGNS OF SPIRITUAL MATURITY
Maturing believers possess some of these indicators:
An appetite for ‘strong meat, i.e. love for deeper doctrines (Hebrews 5:12-14).
Unyieldingness to personal offence, (Philippians 1:15-18).
A conscience informed by Scripture, not opinions (Romans 14:1-3).
A sense of humility when used by God in ministry (1Timothy 3:6; 2 Corinthians 4:7).
A tendency to give credit for spiritual growth to God, not people (1Corinthians 3:4-7).
Becoming spiritual is Christ’s aim for the Church. We should all strive towards spiritual maturity, so as to be ready for the
coming of Christ.
1. What are the characteristics of a Spiritual Christian?
2. What are the signs of spiritual maturity?