RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGES: 9-12) TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 18TH OF JULY 2021 LESSON FORTY SIX (46)
TOPIC: REVISION 7
TEXT: 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
• Revise the previous lesson with the children.
• Ask them questions to ensure lessons have been well understood.
•Tell your class to review tne previous lesson during the week before the revision.
SUMMARY OF LESSONS 40-45
LESSON FORTY (40)
- OPEN HEAVENS Sunday July 18 2021
- RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL LESSON FORTY-SIX SUNDAY 18TH JULY 2021
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGE 4-5) TEACHER’S MANUAL 8TH OF JULY 2021 LESSON FORTY-SIX (46)
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGE 6-8) TEACHER’S MANUAL 18TH OF JULY 2021 LESSON 46
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGES: 9-12) TEACHER’S MANUAL18TH OF JULY 2021 LESSON (46)
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGES: 13-19) TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 18TH OF JULY, 2021 LESSON FORTY SIX (46)
- RCCG HOUSE FELLOWSHIP LEADERS’ MANUAL DATE SUNDAY 18TH JULY 2021 LESSON 46
- RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER’S MANUAL LESSON FORTY-SIX SUNDAY 18TH JULY 2021
TOPIC: BE AT PEACE WITH OTHERS
BIBLE TEXT: Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.
MEMORY VERSE: Hebrews 12:14 “Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord”.
LESSON AIM: To let the children know the importance of making peace with others.
CENTRAL TRUTH: God wants you to be a child of peace.
INTRODUCTION: Jesus Christ taught that peacemakers shall be called children of God. Peace is a fruit of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22). Our God is addressed as Jehovah Shalom which means “The Lord our Peace” (Judges
6:24). Children of God are children of peace.
A. WHAT IS PEACE?
1. Ability to remain calm and quiet irrespective of situations.
2. A state of tranquility or quietness.
3 Retaining calmness in all manner of circumstances.
4. Peace is when people are able to resolve their conflicts without violence and can work together to improve the quality of their lives
5. Peace is completeness, fulfillment, wholeness, harmony, security and well being.
B. HOW TO BE AT PEACE WITH OTHERS
1. Ask help from the Holy Spirit – John 14:26
2. Study the word of God – 2 Timothy 2:15
3. Don’t compare yourself with others – Psalm 139
4. Know that it is only God that can change a person – Philippians 2:13
5. Watch your tongue – James 1:26,1 Peter 3:10
6 Obey the Holy Spirit – Acts 16:6-9
7. Ask God for wisdom – James 3:13
8. Renew your mind – Romans 12:1-2
9. Forgive those that offends you – Matthew 5:23-25
10. Preach the gospel to them – Mark 1:38
11. Pray for them – Matthew 5:44
12. Don’t revenge – Romans 12:19
13. Know that God is on your side – Psalm 118:6
14. Resolve the offence with the offender -Matthew 18:15
C. WHY WE NEED TO LIVE IN PEACE
1. It affirms our sonship in God.
2. It makes us enjoy favour with people around us.
3. We are going to have peace of mind.
4. It gives us boldness to come into God’s presence as His children.
5. We are going to receive answer to our prayers.
6. We will receive all the kingdom benefits.
CONCLUSION: Peace is the evidence that we are children of God.
INVITATION: There is no peace for the wicked Isaiah 48:22. To bear the fruit of peace, accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and saviour.
ACTIVITY: What is the meaning of Jehovah Shalom?
LIFE APPLICATION: You must live in peace with all men with the help of God. The bible says, blessed are the peace makers, for they shall be called sons of God. Matthew 5:9, Heb. 14:12 says you should live in peace with all men.
LESSON FORTY ONE (41)
TOPIC: BE A SOUL WINNER
BIBLE TEXT: John 4:27-42
MEMORY VERSE Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of righteousness is a tree of life, and he that winneth soul is wise”
LESSON AIM To let the children know they are saved to share the good news to
CENTRAL TRUTH: Soul winning is the heart beat of God.
INTRODUCTION: Jesus was a soul winner. When he came across the woman of Samaria at the well, He shared the good news with her and she in tum went to the town and called people to Christ. The Samaritans said to the woman, we no longer believe just because of what you said, now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Saviour of the world.
A. WHAT IS WITNESSING?
1. Telling others about the love of God. John 3:16
2. Assuring them that God has solution to their sinful nature. Romans 6:23
3. Telling others how Jesus gave His life blood for their sins to be forgiven. Hebrews 9:22
4. Assuring others of their salvation. Hebrews 13:5-6
B. WHY WE NEED TO WITNESS
1. To share what we believe in as believers. Acts 4:20
2. To save souls from death. James 5:20
3. If we don’t witness, we will be condemned. 1 Corinthians 9:16
C. QUALIFICATION TO BE A SOUL WINNER
1. Be born again – John 3:3
2. Be holy – 2 Timothy 2:21
3. Be empowered (Holy Spirit baptism) – Acts 1:8
4. Be consecrated – Exodus 30:30, 32.29
5. Be committed – Acts 26:19
6. Be humble – Acts 20:19
7. Have faith in God – Acts 6:5-8
8. Have a good knowledge of the scriptures – Act 18:24; 2 Timothy 3:15
9. Be prayerful – Acts 20:31
10. Ask God for wisdom – James 1:5
11. Be tolerant – 1 Corinthians 13:5
12. Be loving and passionate (Burden for the lost) – Romans 14.
D. BENEFITS OF SOUL WINNERS
1. Divine immunity against sickness – Exodus 23:25
2. Divine provision – Psalm 23:1
3. Crown of rejoicing – 1Thessalonians 2:19
4. Answered prayer – John 15:16
5. Divine Beautification – Nahum 1:15a, Daniel 12:3
6. Reward in heaven – Matthew 19:27-28
7. Divine presence – Psalm 16:11
CONCLUSION: Every soul is precious to God.
INVITATION: To be a soul winner you must be born again.
ACTIVITY: Mention 5(five) examples of soul winners in the Bible.
LIFE APPLICATION: You are to go and preach the good news of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ by following the footsteps of Christ. As a witness of Jesus Christ, your life is a key part of soul winning. Be a new creature then go ahead and win souls. He that wins a soul is wise.
LESSON FORTY TWO (42)
TOPIC: FELLOWSHIP WITH OTHER BRETHREN
BIBLE TEXT. Act 2:41-42 (NKJV)
Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.
And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.
MEMORY VERSE: 1 John 1:7 “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his son cleanseth us from all sin.
LESSON AIM: To let the children know the importance of fellowship.
CENTRAL TRUTH: God wants us to fellowship with other believers.
INTRODUCTION: After the conversion of the 3,000(three thousand) souls on the day of Pentecost during Apostle Peters preaching, the believers came together in unity and had everything in common. There was a voluntary
sharing to provide for those who did not have enough.
A. WHAT IS FELLOWSHIP?
1. Amutual bond that Christians have with Christ.
2. Union of believers with God through Jesus Christ.
3 Company of believers that share the same interest.
B. IMPORTANCE OF FELLOWSHIP
1. Opportunity to grow in kindness and forgiving others – Ephesians 4:32; Colossians 3:13
2. Avenue of sharing things in common – Acts 2:44-45
3. It makes us stronger – Matthew 18:19-20
4. It gives us encouragement – Hebrews 10:24-25
5. It builds relationship – 1 Corinthians 12:21
6. Avenue to test our patience
7. Opportunity to serve one another- Luke 22:26
8. Opportunity to love one another – John 13:34
9. Opportunity to use our gifts and talents -Matthew 25:20, Romans 12:6
CONCLUSION: Every Christian should enjoy the blessings of fellowshipping with other believers.
INVITATION: In order to belong to fellowship of believers, you need to give your life to Jesus Christ.
ACTIVITY: Mention 5(five) things you can do in the fellowship of believers.
LIFE APPLICATION: Fellowship with other brethren gives us the opportunity to help and be helped by other believers. Psalm 122:1 says, I was glad when He said let us go into the house of the Lord.
LESSON FORTY THREE (43)
BIBLE TEXT. Matthew 18:21-35
MEMORY VERSE: Matthew 6: 12 “And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
LESSON AIM: To let the children know importance of forgiveness.
CENTRAL TRUTH: God forgives us as we forgive those who offends us.
INTRODUCTION: Peter asked Jesus about forgiveness and He told him about a man that owed his master but because he couldn’t pay, his master forgave him the debt. But the same man refuses to forgive his fellow brother by ordering him to be put in prison. The master got to know and called him a wicked servant because he didn’t have mercy on his fellow servant. He was tortured until he should pay back all he owed.
A. WHAT IS FORGIVENESS?
1 Forgiveness is the act of pardoning an offender.
2. Forgiveness is to let go of resentment.
3. Forgiveness is when a person does not demand payment for a debt
4. Forgiveness is cancelling a debt.
5. Forgiveness is to give up any claim to be compensated for the hurt.
B. IMPORTANCE OF FORGIVENESS
1. It clears the obstacles between you and God -Matthew 6:14-15
2. It removes burden from us – Hebrews 12:15
3. It removes bitterness and pain – Ephesians 4:31
4. It makes us to have joy – Luke 15:10
5. It makes us worthy of mercy – Matthew 5:7
6. It makes us have peace with God – Romans 5:1
7. The Lord will forgive us our sins – Mathew 6:14-15, Colossians 3:13
C. BIBLICAL EXAMPLES OF THOSE THAT FORGIVES
1. Jesus Christ-Adulterous woman – John 8: 10-11
2. Philemon – Onesimus – Philemon 1:16-17
3 Joseph – His brethren – Genesis 50:18-21
CONCLUSION: Forgiveness is compulsory if you do not forgive others their sins, God will not forgive your sins.
INVITATION: You need to have an encounter with Jesus Christ before you can forgive your friends.
ACTIVITY: Memorize Matthew 6:9-15
LIFE APPLICATION: If you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly father will also forgive you. The word of God tells you to be kind, tender-hearted and forgiving one another. Ephesians 4:22 and to do good to
those who hates you. Matthew 5:44
LESSON FORTY FOUR (44)
TOPIC: BUILD GODLY RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS
BIBLE TEXT 1 Samuel 18:1-4
Now when he had finished speaking to Saul, the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.
Saul took him that day, and would not let him go home to his father’s house anymore.
Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul.
And Jonathan took off the robe that was on him and gave it to David, with his armor, even to his sword and his bow and his belt.
MEMORY VERSE Acts 11:25 “Then departed Barmabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul”
LESSON AIM: To let the chilidren know how to identify godly relationship
CENTRAL TRUTH: Godly relationship will build our Christian life.
INTRODUCTION: The friendship between Jonathan and David was a godly relationship. Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as he loved himsef. He gave David his clothes, bow, sword and belt in recognition that God has chosen David to be king instead of him. They promised to protect each other. Jonathar’s love for David was selfess.
A. HOWTO BUILD A GODLY RELATIONSHIP
1. Put God first – Colossians 1:18
2. Choose a godly and wise person – Proverbs 9:9
3. Follow Jesus’ example in the way you treat others
4 Guard your heart -bProverbs 4:23
5. Flee appearance of evil -1 Thessalonians 5:22
6.Check your thought and emotion – Philippians 4:18
7. Have integrity – Romans 15:20
8 Show love – Colossians 1:4, John 13:34
9 Seek Gods wil-Psalm 40:8
B. WHYYOU NEED TO BUILD GODLY RELATIONSHIP
1. To be blessed – Psalim1
2.. So as not to be corrupted – 1 Corinthians 15:33
3. To be at peace with others – Hebrews 12:14
4. Iron sharpens iron – Proverbs 27:17
5. To make heaven – 2 Corinthians 112
6. Help you to grow in the Lord – Romans 12:10
7. To be set apart – Psalm 4:3
8. To be sUccessful in your academics.
9. To be fulfilled in life.
C. Questions to ask yourself before relating with any child
1. Does this person draw me closer to God?
2. Does this person bring out the best in me?
3. Is this person open and honest?
4. Does this relationship make me compromise my values?
5. Does this person challenge me to read my books and be attentive in class?
6. Does this person encourage me to be obedient to my parents and teachers?
7. Is the person an obedient child?
CONCLUSION: Godly relationship will help you to fulfl your divine destiny.
INVITATION: To have a godly friend, you must first be a friend of Jesus.
ACTIVITY: Memorize Psalm 1-end.
LIFE APPLICATION: The kind of relationship we keep will have effect on your Christian life. Evil associate comupts manners Psalm 1:1-6. Let your relationship with others be Godly always. Flee all appearances of evil always.
LESSON FORTY FIVE (45)
TOPIC: SUPPORT MISSION
BIBLE TEXT Mark 16. 15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
MEMORY VERSE: Philpplans 4:15 “Nww ye Phillpplans know also, that in the
beginning of the gospel, when departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving but ye only”‘.
LESSONAIM: To let the children know the need to support mission.
CENTRAL TRUTH: Itis godly to support mission.
INTRODUCTION: Jesus Christ commanded His disciples to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. Missionary work involved taking the gospel to where it has not reached.
A. REASONS TO SUPPORT MISSION
1. lt is a command – Matthew 28:18-20
2. We must be involved – Romans 10:14-15
3. Workers are few – Matthew 9: 37-38
4. To encourage missionaries – Philippians 4:10-18
5. We have better reward – Hebrews 6:10
6. It is a love response towards unsaved souls
B. BENEFITS OF SUPPORTING MISSION
1. You impact the world for Christ – Matthew 28:19
2 lt populates the kingdom of God – Acts 2:41-47
3. Itbrings joy – Acts 15:3
4. lt produces miracles – 2 Kings 4:15-17
5. It brings honour to God – Acts 3:8
C. WHAT YOU CAN GIVE TO SUPPORT
6. Bible literatures
9. Prayer for missionaries
10. You can make yourself available
CONCLUSION: Do something to support mission. Either by going, giving or praying.
INVITATION: Give your life to Jesus in order for your support in mission to be acceptable.
ACTIVITY: Pray for missionaries.
LIFE APPLICATION: It is our responsibility to support mission work so that the Kingdom of God can expand. You can support mission by
1. Praying for missionaries
2. Giving to mission field/missionaries
3. Giving for mission work.
Start from somewhere today