Subscribe to Blog via Email
RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER’S MANUAL LESSON FORTY-NINE SUNDAY 8TH AUGUST 2021
TOPIC: THERE IS NO PURGATORY
SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Thy friend friendship suits me well,
Both young and will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds be black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?
Father, help me to live my life for you. Let me reign with you after death.
MEMORY VERSE: “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement”. – Hebrews 9:27
BIBLE PASSAGE: 2CORINTHIANS 5:6-8
So [we are] always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord.
For we walk by faith, not by sight.
We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.
Some church denominations believe that all who die in God’s grace and friendship but still imperfectly purified are indeed assured of their eternal salvation but will undergo the process of purification which they call purgatory, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven. According to them, Purgatory is also a place or condition of temporal punishment for those who, departing this life in God’s grace, are not entirely free from forgivable faults, or have not fully paid the price due to their transgressions. Is this doctrine of purgatory in agreement with the bible? Absolutely not!
TEXT REVIEW: 2CORINTHIANS 5:6-8
The scripture does not have support for purgatory in any sense. The true position of the scripture is to either be in the body or to be with the lord. There is no vacuum or gap. 2Cor. 5:6,8. A look at the memory verse indicates that there is no vacuum after death. Heb. 9:27
1.WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT PURGATORY?
2.DEBUNKING THE WRONG CONCEPT
WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT PURGATORY?
The biblical passages wrongly referred to as basis for purgatory are:
i. 1Corinthians3:15; 1Pet.1:7. These scriptures clearly speaks about the work that shall stand the test of fire and be rewarded and those that shall not be able to stand.
ii. 1Corinthians3:11-15. This scripture support believers in Christ who make it to heaven and would be rewarded according to the value of their works.
iii. The Bible mentioned in Hebrew 9:27 that after death comes the judgment. Therefore, the “purifying fire” is referred to as judgment seat of Christ where work will be judged. (2Corinthians5:10)
iv. The “fire” in this context is symbolic of motive or objectives behind every work of the believers.
v. the sinners will go straight to hell. Psalm 9:17. The wicked shall be turned to hell. That is the destination of sinners who refused to repent while alive.
vi. In this expression, “it shall not be forgiven him neither in this world, neither in the world to come”, the expression “in the world to come”, means among the Jews that, “it will never be done”
vii. God’s wrath shall overtake sinners who refuse to genuinely repent their sins before death. (Psalm 9:17; Matthew 13:49-50). RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER’S MANUAL LESSON FORTY-NINE SUNDAY 8TH AUGUST 2021
- RCCG HOUSE FELLOWSHIP LEADERS’ MANUAL DATE: SUNDAY, 8TH AUGUST 2021 LESSON: 49
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGE 6-8)TEACHER’S MANUAL LESSON FORTY-NINE (49) SUNDAY: 8TH AUGUST 2021
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGES: 9-12) TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 8TH OF AUGUST 2021 LESSON FORTY NINE (49)
- RCCG 2020/2021 ZEAL (AGE 13-19) TEENS TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 8TH OF AUGUST, 2021 LESSON FORTY NINE (49)
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL (AGE 4-5) TEACHER’S MANUAL LESSON FORTY-NINE (49) SUNDAY: 8TH AUGUST 2021
- RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL LESSON FORTY-NINE SUNDAY 8TH AUGUST 2021
- RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER’S MANUAL LESSON FORTY-NINE SUNDAY 8TH AUGUST 2021
69TH RCCG ANNUAL CONVENTION 2021
- SPECIAL PRAYER FOR THE AUGUST BIRTHDAY CELEBRANTS BY PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE
- DADDY G.O PRAYS OVER THE CHILDREN AT THE 69TH RCCG ANNUAL CONVENTION 2021
- WORDS OF KNOWLEDGE AND PROPHECIES DURING AUGUST 2021 HOLY GHOST SERVICE
- Download ALL Sermons RCCG 69TH ANNUAL CONVENTION 2021
- OPEN HEAVENS 2021 Tuesday August 10
- Happy New Week Monday 9 August 2021 Open Heavens Topic: PRAYERS FOR THE CHURCH
- Happy Sunday – OPEN HEAVENS 2021 Sunday August 8
CLASS ACTIVITY 1
Why do you think that anyone would wish to repent after death.
DEBUNKING THE WRONG CONCEPT
i. Purgatory, like many other heretical beliefs, is based on a misunderstanding of the nature of Christ’s sacrifice and of the scripture.
ii. Jesus sacrifice for sinners is a once and for all sacrifice. The sacrifice was absolute and perfect (Hebrews 7:27).
iii. Those who believe in purgatory fail to believe that the work of salvation needs no additional contribution to what Christ has done. (Ephesians 2:8-9).
iv. They fail to understand that there is no need for other cleansing in addition to the one Christ has done with his blood (1John 1:7-9).
v. They fail to believe that praying for the dead for the forgiveness of there is baseless because Jesus by his death, has paid the penalty for all our sin (John 1:1, 14).
vi. Jesus died for our sins and paid the price once and for all (1Corinthians 15:3).
vii. Jesus atoned for our sins, therefore, there is no need for purgatory again (1John 2:2; Romans 5:8, Isaiah 53:5).
The belief that man would not suffer for his sins after death has no basis in the bible. it is contrary to the true Biblical teaching on salvation.
CLASS ACTIVITY 2
Identify any other wrong teaching which are contradictory to the bible.
There is no purgatory for cleansing of sin after death.
- RCCG Fasting Prayers
- RCCG HOLY GHOST CONGRESS
- RCCG HOLY GHOST CONVENTION
- RCCG House Fellowship
- RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL TEACHER'S
- RCCG Live Service
- rccg messages
- RCCG News
- RCCG Prayer Point
- RCCG SHILOH HOUR
- RCCG Sunday School Manual
- THE PRAYER CHAIN MINISTRY
RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER’S MANUAL LESSON FORTY-NINE SUNDAY 8TH AUGUST 2021RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER’S MANUAL LESSON FORTY-NINE SUNDAY 8TH AUGUST 2021
There is no basis for purgatory in the bible. Therefore, make your ways right before you die.
Father, set free all your children who have fallen victim of heretic doctrines.
Find five reasons why people believe false and heretic teachings